• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woodcock at Bolton Flats

admcd

NES Member
Has anyone had luck recently with Woodcock at Bolton Flats? Going to bring my uncle's favorite shotgun out to shoot his favorite game bird tomorrow/Saturday. I remember them being around the woods off the North Side of the first field, but I haven't hunted that spot in a while.

Has anyone had luck recently with Woodcock at Bolton Flats? Going to bring my uncle's favorite shotgun out to shoot his favorite game bird tomorrow/Saturday. I remember them being around the woods off the North Side of the first field, but I haven't hunted that spot in a while.
Last time I heard....Bolton Flats is flooded pretty good.

They were talking about not stocking pheasants there like they didn't in 2021 because of the high water.

Was a good year for me because they put all those birds out in Barre Falls and my area.

It's not on the stocking map this year, so I guess that'll be a washout. Hopefully, Medfield gets some extra birds because of it. Gpong tp ave tp explore some new spots with Dale this fall.

Thinking about making some trips to NH to hunt on Sundays just to get out.

"Bolton Flats WMA: High water has flooded areas of Bolton Flats WMA to the north and south of Route 117. No pheasants will be stocked at Bolton Flats this season. Birds will be redistributed to other locations in the area."

I've never hunted woodcock, but I have had them spook while hiking. Scares the shit out of me every time.
The little fucckers wait until you just about step on them before they fly straight up.

Back
Top Bottom