Wolf ammo & Glocks?

Really? I would never have thought... For the few more cents a round I think I would still use brass cased ammo in my Glock 17. Good to know though.

Why? It won't have any ill effects on the gun. In fact, the steel case is probably safer for the loose chamber tolerances.

Why? It won't have any ill effects on the gun. In fact, the steel case is probably safer for the loose chamber tolerances.

I just assume buy my ammo where I already shop... why drive out of my way for ammo that is barely cheaper?

A lot of people tend to put down Wolf Steel cased ammo on the basis that it will mess up the chamber. Why would that not be the case here if it would be a problem in say an AR? Just tolerances? Please forgive my ignorance with respect to steel cased ammo.

Having tried Wolf 9mm in various (3-5) handguns (S&W, H&K, and Taurus) and Wolf .45 in my S&W 1911 . . . I will NEVER run Wolf ammo in any handgun. To a gun, there were feeding and extraction problems with every magazine . . . in guns that have no problem at all with Blazer, Rem/UMC, PMC or WWB ammo.

I sold all that crap ammo and never again.

On the other hand my 2 AR15s (and a WA buddy's 2 AR15s) ran fine with 1000s of rds of Wolf .223. I would still buy more Wolf for my rifles, just not pistols.

Lens, is that brass cased blazer or aluminum cased you are referring too? I've always wondered if there were any disadvantages to aluminum cased ammo other than not being able to reload it. I've run almost 500 rounds of the stuff through my glock without issue.

Lens, is that brass cased blazer or aluminum cased you are referring too? I've always wondered if there were any disadvantages to aluminum cased ammo other than not being able to reload it. I've run almost 500 rounds of the stuff through my glock without issue.

Yes . . . [wink]

I have shot both brass and aluminum cased Blazer. No problem with either of them in any gun I've used.

As a PS to my prior post. I usually clean my ARs after each range session and no problems with extra crud, etc. Wolf sure does stink and sometimes I just need to walk away to get some air (shooting under a roof doesn't clear the stink fast enough).

wolf is dirty, and *supposedly* the case could damage the extractor. With Remington umc at just under 90 bucks per 500 , or 20 bucks for 100 rds of WWB, how much cheaper is the wolf anyway?

Where are you getting those prices for .40? Dicks UMC is $19/50 and WWB at Walmart is $29/100

I'll use anything but the Wolf .45 for range use.

The problem with wolf pistol ammo is that it is rarely available at price breaks which make it appealing over brass cased ammo, or even Blazer AL, which IMO, is still far superior to it in terms of QC and performance.

A long time ago you could save $40+ a case by using wolf on pistol ammo, but I doubt that's true anymore. It's more on the order of $20 between it and Blazer Brass in quantity, in terms of case lots.

Frankly, for that little difference, I'd rather pay the extra $20 and get the brass. and ammo that is far less shitty.

FWIW, as much as I hate wolf pistol ammo, it's still 100 times better than ULTRAMAX. [laugh] That stuff
is just terrible.

-Mike

Wolf ammo usually goes for $3-5 cheaper per box than brass cased WWB, at least from what I've seen. I prefer brass when the savings is low, too, because I reload.

After the experience I had shooting steel cased ammo out of a Glock I wouldn't shoot the stuff out of one anymore. It kept on not cycling fully every other round or so. Only the stuff I had was Silver Bear if I remember right. I would put it on par with Wolf ammo.

Back
Top Bottom