Wolf .380 click no bang

KDK

I picked up a box of fifty rounds of Wolf .380 for my ppk/s spontaneously. I had about 5 or 6 Clicks where there should have been Bangs. What gives? Is it the ammo or could it be light strikes from the gun? I have put a couple of boxes of WWB through the same gun with no problem. I'm assuming it's the ammo then. Do you all experience the same level of quality from Wolf? I know it's cheap but 10% of a box not firing is pretty bad. (I hope it's not the gun)?

Also, I know it's the wrong thread but does anybody have any hints on removing scratches from Stainless Steel?

I assume you bought the steel cased ammo? I only bought it once in 40S+W and will never buy it again. If that is what you bought maybe try finding the Wolf Gold in .380. I bought a good amount of that a little while back and have had decent results. I haven't put it through my PPK/S yet but I did put it through my Taurus PT 58 S and it worked pretty well.

I don't have the box. The brass had a copper color to it so I assume it was brass plated steel. It wasn't the dull colored steel brass that I'm used to seeing on the ground after the Russians shoot.

Well, it COULD be the ammo. On the other hand, Walther has had some notoriously bad problems with QC.

Well it probably is the ammo. I never had a problem with it prior and I've put three boxes of American made ammo through it. I think that the primers on the Wolf are just tougher. This is just my theory of course. The gun is scrubbed clean. I guess the only way to know is to pick up a box of higher cost ammo and run it through. I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Privi/Wolf Gold is, IMO, better quality than WWB. But like you said, it could certainly hard primers. Either way, only use what reliably runs in your gun.

I was talking with a friend of mine about the wolf ammo. I have never had any experience with wolf .380 but i have with wolf .223.

He has had alot of experience with wolf ammo. He was explaining that wolf primers are very hard. When we were shooting .223 we would get some rounds that didn't go bang. If you reloaded them and hit them again, they would go bang.

Like he said lol, if you get a wolf round that doesn't go off, be verry careful since it is probably still a live round.

Back
Top Bottom