Woburn LTC - Survey

Just gathering information here. I was wondering what the current experience has been for the application process under Chief Ferullo. My LTC-A w/restrictions was under the previous chief. Please respond with your experience and what you ended up with.

from what I have read here, Woburn will also downgrade you on renewal if you have an unrestricted from another town

I was thinking of moving there. (Don't ask) I was told by the PD that the chief honors the expiring license from other towns. IE no restrictions, none in Woburn. Yes restrictions = yes restrictions in Woburn

I was thinking of moving there. (Don't ask) I was told by the PD that the chief honors the expiring license from other towns. IE no restrictions, none in Woburn. Yes restrictions = yes restrictions in Woburn

Really? Interesting. Mine from Wilmington is due to expire in October 2015, and was fearing a downgrade if we don't move before then.

I find it complete BS if you live in a town that issues u a A then move to another like Woburn restricting me

Sort of a Bump TTT but with the new form in place has anyone applied for a renewal in Woburn and asked for and been granted an unrestricted license? And wether it is for renewal or new are you even allowed to fill out the form yourself or is the very nice Ms. Garrity (who was great with my son's FID had it in about 7 business days) still filling out the form for you and checking Target and Hunting.

I've never been able to get renewed without the restrictions (since 1973).
Maybe if my wife kicks me out, I can move to a better town. (In Texas) [wink]
Since I'll be 72 the next time I renew (1-2017), I may not even need to renew..

Edit 6/1/2018:
Renewal cost me zip, because I'm so feakin old.. I think that I got a little upgrade.
Before, I was always "Target and Hunting", but this one is "Sporting".. Good for hiking? Wow!

Last edited:
Woburn will NOT downgrade you. If you already have a Class A w/ NO restrictions, they will NOT take that away from you on your renewal. I had the same fear before I moved here. Maureen who handles all the licensing assured me of this and when I renewed I was "allowed" to keep my Class A (None).

Thats good to know. Thank you for the response.Now I just have to figure out how to get my restrictions lifted. Without a lawyer. I am hoping the lawsuit with Winchester will have some impact on this.

Woburn will NOT downgrade you. If you already have a Class A w/ NO restrictions, they will NOT take that away from you on your renewal. I had the same fear before I moved here. Maureen who handles all the licensing assured me of this and when I renewed I was "allowed" to keep my Class A (None).

Every six week bump to the top. Please post any recent Woburn activity. Any un-restricted without citing business ownership or LEO job especially.

Thanks

I just gave a coworker a letter of recommendation 3 weeks ago for Woburn and he was told he will get a restricted LTC.

S And wether it is for renewal or new are you even allowed to fill out the form yourself or is the very nice Ms. Garrity (who was great with my son's FID had it in about 7 business days) still filling out the form for you and checking Target and Hunting.

"Nice" Ms Garrity..... Unreal.
F*ck her and the blueblood, badge-adorned horse she rides (and gets paid) on. They're all "nice" to people, if people pretend they accept the Anti-Constitutional BS in this toilet state. and says "Yes, Mrs Garrity" ..

I hope she's "nice" to the as*hole who randomly shoots her boss when she's out for lunch with him and they stop for gas, killer shoots the cop cuz he's wearing a badge, then turns to her, aims and says "And this is for you too" (while two or three helpless citizens at the gas station only watch in horror, their pistol locked up at home in a safe - resting beside the owner's RESTRICTED license to exercise his Constitutional RIGHT and carry a firearm which might have saved her ass...
Does Mrs Garrity carry? What about her family? Son? Nephew? Do they get restricted LTCs too?
F*ck em all. And sue them all.

(no offense OP, just sick of the BS and the go-along Sheep in this disgusting liberal pit. Not you - THEM)

Last edited:
I've never been able to get renewed without the restrictions (since 1973).
Maybe if my wife kicks me out, I can move to a better town. (In Texas) [wink]
If you are referring to MGL, you will need to renew but it will be free of charge.

Of course, if you are referring to you expiring, that's another matter.

Um, why?...
Cuz you'd rather be stabbed to death by some punk when you're 73, simply because he felt like doing it and didn't want you to live another maybe 20 years?

I'm sure your grandchildren might want Grampy armed if some meth-head has something other than a small chocolate cone with jimmies on his mind when (God forbid) he storms into the Friendly's and announces that it's "robbery and/or judgment day" for everyone there....

PS: "restrict" me and I'm carrying anyways. Eff the system.

GlockJock, while I feel your passion and agree completely with your points, Mrs Garrity has been totally professional and helpful. She is not the person this sentiment should be aimed at.

F*ck her and the blueblood, badge-adorned horse she rides (and gets paid) on. They're all "nice" to people, if people pretend they accept the Anti-Constitutional BS in this toilet state. and says "Yes, Mrs Garrity" ..

I hope she's "nice" to the as*hole who randomly shoots her boss when she's out for lunch with him and they stop for gas, killer shoots the cop cuz he's wearing a badge, then turns to her, aims and says "And this is for you too" (while two or three helpless citizens at the gas station only watch in horror, their pistol locked up at home in a safe - resting beside the owner's RESTRICTED license to exercise his Constitutional RIGHT and carry a firearm which might have saved her ass...
Does Mrs Garrity carry? What about her family? Son? Nephew? Do they get restricted LTCs too?

(no offense OP, just sick of the BS and the go-along Sheep in this disgusting liberal pit. Not you - THEM)

For what it's worth, I just got my renewed license in the mail today. 8 weeks exactly from the interview until it hit my mailbox, and I also kept the "no restrictions" from my prior license (was told during the interview that they do not restrict if your previous license was unrestricted).

Hurrr! DURR! OOOG ANGRY!

I see your point, I just don't see how getting pissy at the clerk-plebe that administers the paperwork is going to fix anything. They don't set the policy (nor sign off on the licenses).

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I just got my renewed license in the mail today. 8 weeks exactly from the interview until it hit my mailbox, and I also kept the "no restrictions" from my prior license (was told during the interview that they do not restrict if your previous license was unrestricted).

OK now my head hurts, since I have lived here 30 years and you have a preference over me. My hats off to you. I will now go contemplate my navel lint.

OK now my head hurts, since I have lived here 30 years and you have a preference over me. My hats off to you. I will now go contemplate my navel lint.

It's a cost-benefit of the PD, more than likely. The downtrodden with the restricted licenses aren't going to say much, on the other hand a guy with an unrestricted is going to go FR, get lawyers, wallhack the town, etc, when his privs get taken away. Or he could come up with a "reason". etc. The thug towns I think also consider unrestricted to be washed by default. DeMoura did that when he was in Fitchburg, because he didn't want to piss off any of the powerbrokers in town that had an LTC.... so instead he went full bore shitbird on the newbs instead.

It sounds retarded but it is usually easier to not give someone something to begin with than it is to take it away after you already gave it to them. These tyrants look at it this way.... if you're a parent and your kid wants a toy truck, its easier to tell little bobby he can't have the truck, then it is to give it to him and then take it away from him later on because he'll be 5 times the pain in the ass as the bobby that didn't get the truck to begin with.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom