Woburn Action Shooters December USPSA Match.

Myself and a buddy would love to come check this out. We're both brand new to any form of competitive shooting. I started to take a look at the USPSA rule book and quickly became distracted by other things.

What do we NEED to bring?

What SHOULD we bring?

What can we expect?

Thanks in advance!

Myself and a buddy would love to come check this out. We're both brand new to any form of competitive shooting. I started to take a look at the USPSA rule book and quickly became distracted by other things.

What SHOULD we bring?

What can we expect?

Thanks in advance!

I'm still new to USPSA (been to one match...) but I'd say if you bring at least 4 mags and a 3 mag pouches, holster, and safe gun handling skills, you should be good? Others can/will correct me

I'm still new to USPSA (been to one match...) but I'd say if you bring at least 4 mags and a 3 mag pouches, holster, and safe gun handling skills, you should be good? Others can/will correct me

What division are you shooting?

What SHOULD we bring?

What can we expect?

Thanks in advance!
I'd recommend you find a practice or an introduction course before you jump into a match. THe club that is hosting this match has practices open to everybody on the second and 4th Sndays of the month at 4:00PM.

After further research, it sounds like 4 mag pouches would be ideal? Single stack...

5 mags (40 rounds) will get you through any USPSA field course. It is better to have 5 mags on the belt and one in the gun upon the start signal, in case you miss steel or want more options for reloading.

5 mags (40 rounds) will get you through any USPSA field course. It is better to have 5 mags on the belt and one in the gun upon the start signal, in case you miss steel or want more options for reloading.

I'm shooting a DW PM9 1911 so it's 10+1. I have 4 mag pouches so that would give me 50 rounds (including the mag in the gun). Would that be sufficient? I need to get a better belt and mag pouches as the IDPA gear isn't ideal but will work. Need to save up for some CR Speed gear...

SS major you will want 5, 6 will be better. SS minor 4 pouches will do, 5 would be better.
It's not often you need the last mag, but it's good insurance. I have seen one of the best production shooters, who had 4 pouches on his belt, accidentally drop a mag and have to go back for it,. Where if he had a 5th he could have saved a second by going to that. This was JJ Ricaza at A7 match in 2013, the stage had arrays of 6

SS major you will want 5, 6 will be better. SS minor 4 pouches will do, 5 would be better.
It's not often you need the last mag, but it's good insurance. I have seen one of the best production shooters, who had 4 pouches on his belt, accidentally drop a mag and have to go back for it,. Where if he had a 5th he could have saved a second by going to that. This was JJ Ricaza at A7 match in 2013, the stage had arrays of 6

Thanks.

Thanks to staff, kitchen, RO and all helpers.... Good inaugural match but we need to get the nooks up and running for next match......

Thanks to staff, kitchen, RO and all helpers.... Good inaugural match but we need to get the nooks up and running for next match......

This x1000. It was a very fun match with great stages. Only my second USPSA match and I can definitely say that I'm liking the lack of rules (compared to IDPA). Will be attending more of these for sure.

Surprised I managed 17th (only preliminary so I'm sure I must be getting bumped down once finalized) considering I forgot to shoot 2 targets on stage 2....

Official USPSA scores are up at USPSA.org. Several of you have expired memberships. This resulted in no score entered. Several others were not found in the database. You need to go to the USPSA site and join! In both cases, your classifier results will not count.

- - - Updated - - -

Done!

Back
Top Bottom