• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester model 1895 Russian

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
After years of searching I finally found what is considered by most the Holy Grail of rifles purchased by the Russian's

The price tag is out of my range but i thought I would share a photo. If I could sell off 5 or 6 of my higher end collectable pieces I would go for it. However this may not last long, its a re blue but it looks so nice[smile]

Attachments

• Russian Winchester.JPG
    Russian Winchester.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 102
For a minute there, I thought you already had it Fred! I was getting ready to hate your guts.

I remember there was one at the Holbrook gun show a couple of years ago - I remember salivating over that one, too. It does seem that there were more around, and they were more reasonably priced just a few years ago. Of course, that's true about most milsurps. I can't believe the prices that MAS 36 rifles are selling for - and they don't look as good as the one I picked up for $99 about 6 years ago.

Ah, I see. I had no idea that it was "sporterized."
What in the photos/description should I have looked for?

Thanks,
~Matt

P.S. See it now. checkered non-original forearm wood. How about this:
"28 inch barrel, marked, "Nickel Steel Barrel Especially For Smokeless Powder."

Guide for stripper clip as well

I looked at the one listed here and it has been modified far more than I would like. I did see one with the help of Majspud on Gunboards but that one to had some idot cut the hand-guard and shorten it.
The guy who is selling the one I pictured lives in Vermont and has an entire collection of them for sale. His prices are high but I am going to make an offer. if anything I may go for one in 30-06 that is less expensive.

Spoke to the owner today. he has over 10 of the rifles in different calibers. Hes not moving on the price at this time. The good news he hasn't sold one. He seems like a nice older gent and he did say he would call me at the end of the month if it doesn't sell. Some hope anyway.

I did find a really nice one chambered in 30-06 for $900 and may just go for it. I had the chance to shoot one of these rifles a few yard back and have wanted one for my collection ever since. So if all else fails I will go for a good old American cartridge rifle.

Back
Top Bottom