Winchester 7.62 x39

Local Wal-Mart has some Winchester 7.62 x 39mm pretty cheap anyone have any problems shooting this with their AK's?

If anyone has a problem shooting anything out of their AKs contact the ATF and ask for their demilling procedure and follow it... [laugh]

Buy it, have fun. Don't poke your eye out. [grin]

AK's should eat anything you have.
Brass cased AK fodder is at least twice what steel cased goes for.
I say buy twice as much Wolf Classic and blast away.

Unless you're planning on reloading that is. [thinking]

I've used Winchester 123 gr FMJ with absolutely no problems, last I saw it was about $14/box retail. Sound right or you find a better deal?

You might consider Winchester 7.62 cheap compared to other brass cased 7.62....but the steel cased 7.62 is about 1/3rd the cost. My AK has never seen brass...and now my local Walmart is selling steel cased Russian 7.62 for somewhere between $4 and $5 a box.

Keep that boxer brass for reloads. It shoots okay, but like the others have said...cheaper steel shoots fine, too. I love my engineering couple that shoot the brass fodder and don't reload...gives me plenty of 39mm for frangible reloads!

You might consider Winchester 7.62 cheap compared to other brass cased 7.62....but the steel cased 7.62 is about 1/3rd the cost. My AK has never seen brass...and now my local Walmart is selling steel cased Russian 7.62 for somewhere between $4 and $5 a box.

My club doesn't allow steel cased or steel core ammo, although I have never seen anyone check ammo. I pick up a few boxes of WWB for about $24.00 each. Which isn't bad seeing as the non-steel Remington is $14.99 a box of 20.

My club doesn't allow steel cased or steel core ammo, although I have never seen anyone check ammo. I pick up a few boxes of WWB for about $24.00 each. Which isn't bad seeing as the non-steel Remington is $14.99 a box of 20.

Which club is that?

Can't say how current this price is, but Cabelas has had the boxer-primed brass 7.62x39 for around $7 a box (20), I believe. It is the Hungarian stuff, if I recall correctly.

Can't say how current this price is, but Cabelas has had the boxer-primed brass 7.62x39 for around $7 a box (20), I believe. It is the Hungarian stuff, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, "MFS" brand. (I haven't shot any)

BullieBred - you might inquire as to whether the "steel case" ban is for steel-jacketed bullets, rather than steel-cased ammo that has copper/lead bullets.

Back
Top Bottom