• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did CZ make this 7.62 NATO ammo?

Old or vintage green cardboard boxes. The case head says ‘308W’ @ 12 o’clock, two circles ‘o’ about 3/64” in diameter @ 3 & 9 o’c, with ‘82’ @ 6.

There is red sealant around the primers. I have red with black sealant around the primer may indicate a corrosive or slightly corrosive primer. Was thinking this may be pre-Sellier & Bellot ammo made before Czechoslovakia could export ammunition.

Corrosive? Not sure, but would doubt it with the 82 manufacturing date.

0454D377-4E98-4A62-B59A-541343F2EEDA.jpeg

Old or vintage green cardboard boxes. The case head says ‘308W’ @ 12 o’clock, two circles ‘o’ about 3/64” in diameter @ 3 & 9 o’c, with ‘82’ @ 6.

There is red sealant around the primers. I have red with black sealant around the primer may indicate a corrosive or slightly corrosive primer. Was thinking this may be pre-Sellier & Bellot ammo made before Czechoslovakia could export ammunition.

Corrosive? Not sure, but would doubt it with the 82 manufacturing date.

View attachment 708542
Is it steel or brass case?

Old S&B communist era ammo. Have a bunch I bought from sportsman's guide for cheap. I've found them to have very hard primers. Yes the primers are corrosive.

That is not 7.62 NATO. And 7.62 NATO is always non-corrosive primed. The NATO cross on the headstamp is the indicator to look for.

Back
Top Bottom