• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester Active Duty 9mm

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone have experience with this round? From a thread over on the Smith-Wesson forum it seems to have some following. It also appears to be a bit hotter than standard 9mm, with some people stating that it appears to be in the 9mm+P+ range but does not appear to cause any excessive wear.

I've found it to be inconsistent, accuracy wise. Did not feel too hot. Maybe a little more than the white box, but not enough to make much of a difference.
I shot a case of it over the summer. I'd rather shoot Sellier & Bellot... YMMV

It's not +P+ More like 9mm nato but wrong weight. It works good in my guns.

It’s on the spicy side, agree with drgrant that it’s similar to 9mm Nato. Bought some a while back to try and it ran flawlessly. Accurate enough. I probably won’t buy it again because I don’t have a need for a spicy FMJ. If you do have a need for hot FMJ, this will probably fit the bill but most decent FMJ range ammo can be had for .05 to .10 cpr cheaper.

I find that at least the half case that I used was fairly hot. For whatever reason it gave my g5 19 fits. It worked in my g4 19 but not well. However it seemed to work really well in my m&p 2.0 compact pretty well. it was consistent and not exceptly dirty.

I imagine that this round would be a little too much for a Ruger 9mm 1911 Lightweight Commander.

Winchester claims pressures of 10-15% higher than standard 9mm. 10% would make it +P; 15% makes it +P+. 1320 fps is also faster than I'd expect from 9mm +P as well.

Winchester claims pressures of 10-15% higher than standard 9mm. 10% would make it +P; 15% makes it +P+. 1320 fps is also faster than I'd expect from 9mm +P as well.

1300+ FPS is juice but it aint that radical. not for a 115gr bullet, particularly.

Also FWIW when I see numbers like that that usually means they had a long test barrel. Sure enough I go on youtube and out of a G19 the stuff posts mid 1200s which is
about what it feels like to me. I bet youd have to shoot it out of a Beretta 92, G34 or something to get it to break 1300 reliably.

I guess yeah, you could call it +P+ but that doesnt really have a SAAMI spec. +P+ is "anything above +P. but theres also stuff like 9mm NATO thats definitely hotter than 9mm +P but not necessarily considered +P+ by most people.

But theres also stuff like 9mm NATO thats definitely hotter than 9mm +P but not necessarily considered +P+ by most people.
Winchester rates 9mm NATO at 36,500 psi. SAAMI +P tops out at 38,500. But both Sig and Federal 9mm NATO seems considerably hotter than Winchester.

Back
Top Bottom