• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchendon: Range Report

I'll just reuse the thread for the Range Report. Scroll down a bit!

Hi folks,

Please post if you are planning on attending tomorrow at Winchendon.

This thread is just for headcount.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Range Report:

Well, Ross is probably still not home yet, and almost certaintly not dry yet!!

We had four shooters show up: Dennis, Dadio, his wife, and myself. Ross (Dwarven1) came out to help us kick it off (and learn how far Winchendon is from... well, just about anything!)

It started raining while I was setting up, then stopped at about 6pm right in time for the start... but we started a little late. About the time the rain started in fact. We shot for just under an hour, shot maybe 20-30 rounds? We were moving a little on the slow side.

Around 7 we broke up as the rain was just not letting up. Still fun though.

So, while we didn't shoot much Ross left me with some things to think on between now and the next time: Sling use, proper shooting position seated and prone, and breathing control of course.

Tried to take Ross out for hot wings or some other bad-for-you food but everything was closed in town.

Ross: Thanks again for hauling yourself all the way out to the boonies to help us get started. We really appreciate the time and effort to come all that way.

I'll try to arrange better weather for the next shoot in (2) weeks,

Matt

Last edited:
...Ross: Thanks again for hauling yourself all the way out to the boonies to help us get started. We really appreciate the time and effort to come all that way.

I'll try to arrange better weather for the next shoot in (2) weeks,

Matt

Indeed. A big +1 to our vertically challenged1 ! [smile]

Call me crazy but it was fun. Untill puddles formed on my tarp... [thinking]

I'm still drying out! I was pretty pumped after that even though we didn't get in much shooting. I'll be practicing though. Without rain hopefully! Nice meeting you all and hope to do it again!

My first mini rained and nobody came, so Western MA wins. [smile]

Congrats to all of you. Definitely the start of something good.

Back
Top Bottom