Will old bow work with new parts?

Hey guys,
My father is still shooting his old Bear Whitetail hunter bow but over the years it has lost the sight and arrow rest. We found a replacement arrow rest at the bass pro shop but Id like to get a new sight for him soon. Im wondering if anyone would know if a new on-market bow sight would be able to apply to his old ass bow... I dont have his bow on hand right now or else this would be easier to look at but from some pictures I have it seems like there may be the same size holes on his bow for the sights as on my new Bear bow for my sights.
Here is a picture of his bow (on the left) so maybe you have an idea of what it is
196764_10150147864499294_826104293_6472137_200247_n.jpg

Thanks

Does he realize that a new bow has like 80% let-off and is a pleasure to shoot by comparison?
You can go on flea bay and get a used complete setup for short money.
Buy one for him as a fathers day gift.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Parts are available from some dealers, and possibly Bear, any custom string maker can set you up with strings. There are plenty of modern sights and rests that will fit that bow. Clean it up a little, add a set of carbon shafts, and you will be able to shoot that bow for many more years. I still have an older bow and keep it up and tuned, even though it doesn't have 80% let off or shoot 10,000fps, I still enjoy shooting it.

Fixxah, you try telling him that! Hes a stubborn old man and he like his bow haha. Id love to get him a newer one but he wont have it. If its not broke, dont fix it...
and john, thanks, ill start looking into some dealers

New bows shoot so much FLATTER that the sight pin spacing are very tight and you don't need that much vertical adjustment. Old bows the pins are spaced at twice or three times the distance a part so you need much more vertical height.

Not sure where you live, but I have a bunch old bow parts that I am sure will work on your Dad's old Bear WTH. Your Dad is a LEFTY, too? Some sights work ONLY on righty bows. You would never know this if you weren't a lefty. [hmmm]

I was shooting an old mid 1980s vintage compound. Last time out I was using an 30 lb recurve for target practicing w/ my daughter.

Your dads bow will perform better with mid/hvy weight aluminum arrows IMHO. Will he be just target shooting or will he be hunting with his WTH?

Send me a pm if you are near metrowest.

should be able to find parts in various placs but have fun trying to find steel cables for that thing, i wouldnt bother with it and just use the new bow. The improvements are tremendous.

Both strings on his bow are in great condition still. THe new bow is mine. Im not into antiques...hahah

Tell him to hang it over the Mantle. New bows are cheap,easy to draw and dead nuts on @ 20 yards out of the box. And most important'ly, SAFER to shoot.

I think unless the riser is cut out to 90 degrees your not gonna find any new sights that will fit it.
On new bows the risers are cut to 90 degrees and the rest and sight line up in a straight line.

A bow is still just a stick with a string, it is the hand holding it that decides if it's accurate or not.

A properly maintaned and cared for bow is a safe bow.

Back
Top Bottom