Will 4278 make CWOF OUI applicant unsuitable via legislation?

My current licensing authority allows CWOFs for LTC A but noted this law may change that legislatively so that a CWOF will be treated as a conviction. Retroactively making a current or renewing LTC A holder unsuitable and requiring revocation. Any thoughts from the legal folks?

Not a legal folk, but you should be ok. You do know that suitability can still come into play though if he wants to use that card.

I don't think you will see that happen.There becomes a point or becoming ridiculous. It would make sense to stick with convictions.

no not sarcastic? Trying to be realistic leave it cut and dry at convictions. I mean how many games are they going to try to play with trying to rule someone out from haveing a LTC? Really a lot of cops would loose there LTCs if they play those foolish games

CWOF is supposed to become a dismissal after a period of time I believe. The way this new law reads I don't think you need a guilty to be denied either card, its purely up to the COP and his determination of suitability.

CWOF is supposed to become a dismissal after a period of time I believe. The way this new law reads I don't think you need a guilty to be denied either card, its purely up to the COP and his determination of suitability.

I don't see how anything changes in the regard except that it's now being extended to FIDs. The CoP has the right to deny you a LTC on a whim under current law.

Anyone who has a problem could always take the chief in for a show cause hearing.That can be done with or with out a attorney.Simply put it may not be easy to show you are not suitable in front of a judge.Of course you may very well end up with a restricted LTC.But its better than no LTC

Back
Top Bottom