Wild shootout in Northeast DC captured on home surveillance video

mikeyp

NES Member

WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - Home surveillance video obtained by FOX 5 captures the chaotic scene during a shootout Friday evening in Northeast D.C.

The video shows numerous people shooting at each other, and panic by neighbors, starting around 6:41 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of Simms Place Northeast.

The mayhem lasts less than two minutes. Some of the gunmen assist one person who was apparently wounded in the shooting as D.C. police arrive at the scene.

A police report from the incident show six people were arrested after the shootout.

FOX 5 has cropped the surveillance video to help protect the identity of the homeowner. Viewer discretion is advised:

(embed link's not working but if you click the mess of a URL below it will play)

Dudes from the black car took guns out for a fight, got shot at, posed for return fire, then put guns back in the car and walk toward the direction where gun fire came from earlier.

Can someone narrate what happened?

I thought handguns were more or less banned in DC? Obv the video was "shot" somewhere else.

I call...

[bs2]

Although it was amusing to see the yutes reenact a video game I used to play at the arcade, zig zagging back and forth...

I thought handguns were more or less banned in DC?
It's not quite that strict, little case called Heller changed that. Now it is easier to get a DC carry permit than an unrestricted MA carry permit!

The tough part is, the only place a resident can legally buy a pistol today is from D.C. metro police. The only other FFL willing to do interstate handgun transfers just stopped operations last month, despite commanding a $125 transfer fee (he wasn't a stocking dealer).

So from what I saw / heard, about 35 shots fired, I did not see anyone hit, though apparently one person was, and saw no damage / windows busted in the cars, but I did see a small branch fall out of a tree, so maybe they were just really pissed at the squirrels. I would have suspected some windows in cars shattering and not branch falling out of trees if it had been a legit gunfight. Then again, they could be shooting gangsta style which is why the bullets landing 20 feet above where they should be aiming.

Back
Top Bottom