Wife will be applying for LTC-A in Amesbury

Hey guys, I'm new to the board (and the area) having moved previously from Gun Friendly NEVADA (what a wonderful state it was) to draconian MA. My wife, an anti-gun ultra-liberal whom i love dearly has finally come around and decided that there are a lot of bad people in the world and that she should be able to protect herself from them.

I recently purchased a S&W H&P 9mm compact that i'm going to give to her once all of her permitting is complete. We live in Amesbury at the moment (I'm a doc over in Newburyport) and are about to get her into a class end of Nov...

My questions were:
1) Has anyone applied for a permit in Amesbury, and what is your experience
2) "Reason for Requesting Issuance.."... uh... what the heck does one write there? that she's 4'11" and 100lbs and is a target for bad people since she works nights at a hospital?

In Nevada they just said "we fingerprint you here, you check what guns you will be carrying here, and pay us $100 if youre not a criminal". And there is so little gun violence in Nevada.

If anyone can help i'd be VERY appreciative[smile]

--Domenic

Welcome and take a look in the MA Gun Laws sub-forum.

Easy way to do that is use Advanced Search and choose that sub-forum with the keyword Amesbury. If there is any info on that town (I have no idea) it should pop up in the results.

Good luck to both of you.

Welcome!

I received my LTC-A in Amesbury in June and can tell you it was not as painful as I thought. The sargent who administered the interview and processed the license was a true gentleman and a true professional.

I did provide a letter from my employer explaining my exposure to cash, possible disgruntled employees and being a higher proifle citizen. The catch is I am in my own family business, so getting the letter was just a case of having my brother provide it even though every stitch of the reasoning was true.

I am not even sure if I needed a letter, but I provided it anyway as I did feel it was necessary to have the LTC-A for personal protection due to my business reasons primarily.

I also provided two references, which I beleive you will have to do.

I can't speak for the department, but I did get the sense that they will issue the LTC-A for ALP if you have a clear background AND you do not leave out a stitch of facts about your background such as where you have lived and where you have had drivers licenses etc. I even told the issuing officer about silly incidents I had as a youth that were supposed to be sealed. He told me nothing is truly "sealed", even if they told you so as a youth.

Be honest and I think you will be fine. It seems to be a reasonable department.

Hey,

I moved to Amesbury, from Nbpt a couple years ago. I got my Class A from Sgt. Ron Fournier. He is a great guy. No issues. Very professional. My reason to carry was "for protection of life and property". He doesnt like "For all lawfull purposes". I had it in 4-5wks. Real quick. Take Care..and good luck.

Sean
Amesbury, Ma

Back
Top Bottom