Wife and baby steps

Congrats! I'm hoping to convince my better half to get her LTC. She took the class with me, but never pursued getting her license. I've asked her to join my at my club, and she has passed each time, claiming that it's boring. I've yet to retort: "well, if you'd let me get some more fun toys...!" But I'd like to.

Update again:

So I get my unrestricted LTC (Thanks North Attleboro) in May. Been idle in the market as funds are tight. Thought we'd inherit a couple rifles but that didn't work out (yet, at least)

Took my 11 yr old to AFS and he had a blast shooting the M&P15-22.

Wife took Women on Target on 8/23. (pics) Literally changed her mindset completely. So much that after she shot trap, I get a text message telling me that "we're joining a club". Almost shit my pants hearing that. She came home rearing to get her LTC, which I think she'll apply for this week. She's even been more vocal about her 2A rights, and against the liberal "blame the gun" mantra.

See.. patience and education.. :)

There's a few hotties there, thank you. :paul:

Awesome. Congrats. 30 years ago when I met my wife she was a fairly strong Anti... Little steps as you say, and after several years she was carrying... and today she "never leaves home without it".....
Now if she could only do the same with the American Express Card... [emoji6]

latest update...

a bit over 4 months have gone by... Got the 4 month groupon membership to MFS and got to try just about every 9mm that they had... Wife fell in love with the VP9. Definitely got our moneys worth out of that $40 for membership

As we have youngish kids, we agreed that first step would be to buy a safe. So yesterday, we pulled the trigger (see what I did there? LOL) on the $900 Redhead 1856 model from Bass Pro. Since my wife gets 40% off BPS brands, and I had $100 in points and $100 in old gift cards, I got it for $350 out the door.

next step is to get it home, and start filling it up.

Funny, I look back at my first post here and still just shake my head...

here's the kicker... after all this.. we make a deal to get a VP9 of a great NES-er. So we head up to MFS to do the deal. We do the deal in HER name... so technically, she owns a gun before me. WTF LOL..[rofl] is this the most bizarre funny story... I shake my head about it all the time..

nevertheless.. I picked up myself an M&P9 FS. So she only "beat me" by about 20 minutes. But as I told her.. it's like being the first twin born.. always older, even if only by a few minutes... LOL..

Back
Top Bottom