• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why dealers pollute the non-dealer classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not opposed to it but as a dealer I wouldn't want to bother with people trying to haggle with me for every damn item. I think the expectation in the dealer items is that its a set price and outside of there is the wild west.

I scan through for what I'm interested in and ignore the rest

At least most dealers post price and location

Exactly, only on NES do people complain that there’s too many guns for sale.

OP, if you read the site rules, dealers must pay 4x what we pay for membership, and therefore are allowed to post in both Dealers and Members Classifieds. First world problem.

Once I see a dealer has put 5 ads or more in a row in any of the non-dealer classified forums, they go on "Ignore" - not that I can or would want to pay MA prices for anything.
I do a lot of online searches, there are very few deals to be found online that save money over the local dealer. Very few.

Before COVID for example, I was able to buy a SW 929 for $950 from an online dealer when every dealer in MA had them for $1300-1400. That was a great deal.

However, good luck finding that now. Almost every dealer with a website shows out of stock, the ones that don't will have them for $1500 and GB has gone full retard.

The only guns I have seen where I might be able to save some money and make my life easier would be something like a Winchester Model 70 in 375 or 458 win mag. Online they are around $1200-1500. The one dealer I know that has one has it for $1500. So I would not really save money, it would be more of a convenience thing because the guns I like are not what most dealers have in stock. So I could spend 6 months looking for one around here or buy one in 5 minutes online.

Everything else might be $50-100 cheaper online, but after shipping + transfer + sometimes CC fee = same amount. So I would rather give my money to a local guy.

So tell me, what great deals are online that you can't get locally? (Anything not requiring an FFL doesn't count).

Last edited:
Is this like when PCC's were allowed into uspsa and everyone complained that they had to scroll down through those scores to see how they did in Production? Asking for a friend,...

I find the non-Dealer tagged dealers more annoying. 17 guns listed for sale with a transfer at "my local ffl". aka the guy selling you the gun.

You have $5 grand to buy a bunch of pistols wholesale but not $100 to support the site you advertise on? It's a tax write off ffs.

I'm not opposed to it but as a dealer I wouldn't want to bother with people trying to haggle with me for every damn item. I think the expectation in the dealer items is that its a set price and outside of there is the wild west.

Come on! Haggling is half the fun. Main reason I used to go to Zenks. His prices were outrageous, but only because he loved to haggle and I was more than happy to engage. One time we went for half an hour before agreeing on a price. If you're posting on NES, you need to be ready to haggle.

So you put the dealer with arguably the best prices on ignore?
Please look at my location. Between sales tax and not being able to legally transport any of the limited number of guns I might want to buy down there back to NH, why bother having the ads clutter my screen.?

Last edited:
Exactly, only on NES do people complain that there’s too many guns for sale.
In two of the earlier (locked) threads on this same topic, you said "It could be raining unicorn pussy and some of you guys would complain there’s not enough a**h***s mixed in."

Every time one of these comes up, I think of that. [cheers]

OP, if you read the site rules, dealers must pay 4x what we pay for membership, and therefore are allowed to post in both Dealers and Members Classifieds. First world problem.
In fact, it's five times. They pay the membership, plus the 4x for their dealer/instructor flair.

Once I see a dealer has put 5 ads or more in a row in any of the non-dealer classified forums, they go on "Ignore" - not that I can or would want to pay MA prices for anything.

I do the same.

Besides, the stuff they're posting isn't stuff that I'm interested in most of the time, so when / if I miss a deal, oh well - it was worth the miss to avoid the fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom