Whose got the best prices on Remington 870?

Been looking around and the best I can find is at FS @ $339 which is still fairly high. Just looking for a 12ga regular model.

Dick's usually has deals on them a few times a year. Somewhere in the $200-$250 dollar range.

Keep an eye out for used ones at your local stores. Roaches in Cambridge has a few used in stock right now for reasonable prices. I got my 870 express magnum there for $200 used.

Dick's usually has deals on them a few times a year. Somewhere in the $200-$250 dollar range.

Keep an eye out for used ones at your local stores. Roaches in Cambridge has a few used in stock right now for reasonable prices. I got my 870 express magnum there for $200 used.

Good deal. I think $200-$250 is more reasonable price these.

Thanks for the tips.

if you are looking for one for hunting bass pro has the 870 in 12g or 20g for around $450 but you get a 20" rifled barrel and a 26" smooth barrel. Not a bad deal I think I am going to pick one up before next season.

Just picked one up in Hudson NH for $350 12 gauge, 28", synthetic stock. Make sure you understand the difference between the 870 and the 870 EXPRESS!

Just picked one up in Hudson NH for $350 12 gauge, 28", synthetic stock. Make sure you understand the difference between the 870 and the 870 EXPRESS!

OK, I will bite... Not very experienced in 12g. nomenclature, so please explain what the difference between those two models is?[grin]

OK, I will bite... Not very experienced in 12g. nomenclature, so please explain what the difference between those two models is?[grin]

The 870 is the wingmaster and is double the money, but the action is like butter, and it has a high gloss wood stock. A beautiful gun to be sure. An 870 express is an inexpensive version with a synthetic stock and in some reviews have had some jamming problems.

The 870 is the wingmaster and is double the money, but the action is like butter, and it has a high gloss wood stock. A beautiful gun to be sure. An 870 express is an inexpensive version with a synthetic stock and in some reviews have had some jamming problems.

Thanks, I figured that it was mostly a furniture thing. Since I plan to build a tactical style one at some pint, I guess the cheaper one would be the way to go. I would assume that the action can be improved with some detail polishing, because that is most likely the other reason for the higher price point on the Wingmaster version. Hopefully they use the same mechanical components that are just "worked" a bit more.

Thanks, I figured that it was mostly a furniture thing. Since I plan to build a tactical style one at some pint, I guess the cheaper one would be the way to go. I would assume that the action can be improved with some detail polishing, because that is most likely the other reason for the higher price point on the Wingmaster version. Hopefully they use the same mechanical components that are just "worked" a bit more.

Hopefully they use the same mechanical components that are just "worked" a bit more is my understanding from reading several articles online. Put ~75 rounds through it this past weekend without a problem.

Check out Mark at Summit. He has a bunch of 870's on his site. Express, wingmaster, police, etc... You may find a cheaper price buying in state though after factoring in the shipping and the FFL transfer.

Back
Top Bottom