Who's making the trip to Camp Perry?

I'm all registered to go at the end of July. Have a brand new WOA upper for my journey. This will be my first time......lots to do.
Who's going out and what matches are you doing?
CJC

I wish...
The best of luck going there...
Don't let the wind and weather rattle your cage.
Its an experiance I miss.
bring lots of $$$ the commercal row will suck you in and not let you go till your broke.
Just kiddin.
It is a candy store though.
All the stuff you look at online and in catalogs at your fingertips.
There is a Swap meet time too look for it on the events calendar .
its a good time to trade stuff buy good used stuff.
I have been there 6 times for rifle and never had a bad time there.
My rifle is not what it was and I have recently started shooting pistol too so soon I may make the trip for pistol.

I'll be there for the President's 100, NTI, and Hearst Doubles.
I don't have a teammate yet for the Hearst Doubles if you know of anybody.

If I'm not mistaken there should be a lot of familiar faces there. Between NES folk and the people I've been around while doing EMRL in Reading, shouldn't be too difficult to find a friend or two.

I can't wait to shoot the doubles with my son in about 8 years. I will have him shooting knots by then. [grin]

I can't wait to shoot the doubles with my son in about 8 years. I will have him shooting knots by then. [grin]

I asked my daughter if she'd wanna come along and try it.........she looked at me with a bizzare look. (sigh) She'd probably beat me there, too.

Practice tomorrow and Sunday. The time draws nigh.

Here is me and Brent practicing for Perry in 06'

practice1.jpg

CJC, here's a few images for you.

These are the good huts;
DSC01309.jpg

These are the crappy huts:
DSC01310.jpg

This is the ready line over on Vialle:
DSC01321.jpg

This pic pretty much sums up the weather situation back in 2007. Evacuating Rodriguez because of "lightning in the area". The Marine with the umbrella is Julia Watson. She is bummed out because I out-X-ed her in the Army Cup Match[smile]:
DSC01327.jpg

Thanks again for sharing those photos... please bring back some fresh ones from this years event :)

Finally got to Reading the other morning and got my zeroes established for 600 yards. Got a Jewel to install in my lower and a welding cart to convert over to carry my stuff around the range. Leaving in two weeks.

I see that PatMcD legged out. Congrats dude! I also saw some other local names that got points.

B

civdistinguishedtranspa.gif

Welcome to the club!

Last edited:
It was very windy, according to several well versed and experienced shooters. We sat behind the line and watched as they fired the President's 100 "shootoff". A few gentlemen by the names of Owens & Atkins said it hadn't been that windy for a 600 yd relay for a long time. Kevin Trickett was among the top 20. (Charlie & Maureen were very happy).

I see that PatMcD legged out. Congrats dude! I also saw some other local names that got points.

B

civdistinguishedtranspa.gif

Welcome to the club!

Thanks, Brian.
John Payton talked me through it.

After Sitting RF, I ran into John and he says "Hey Pat! How ya hittin' 'em, buddy?"
I was pretty bummed because I shot a terrible offhand (89) and a not-good-enough Sitting-RF (95).
You know John. Always very positive and up-beat. He says "Don't give up, dude; there is still 30 rds to shoot. You can do it."

My Prone=RF ended up a pretty good 98. I was happy with that. But was kind of dreading 600 because the wind was really squirrelly. Came off of there very happy to shoot a 191.
I had a feeling that 473-9x, while not a great score, was probably good enough to cut points.

I am really glad it happened at Perry. Once everybody within earshot heard I had legged out, they all wanted to shake my hand, offer congratulations, etc.. A moment I probably won't ever forget.

Thanks, Brian.
I am really glad it happened at Perry. Once everybody within earshot heard I had legged out, they all wanted to shake my hand, offer congratulations, etc.. A moment I probably won't ever forget.

Chasing the DRB is a long row to hoe for most of us. It makes the destination memorable.

B

EDIT: Did you see that the top three teams in the Infantry Trophy were civilians? California won the whole thing. I think it's only the second time in history.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom