Who's Interested in an NES Automtive Forum Subsection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I'm a car guy.
I know a lot of you people are car guys too.
Is there enough interest in this subject to lobby NES to create a forum subsection for discussions of all things automotive. Cars, Bikes, ATV's, Snowmobiles, Lawn Tractors, Go Karts, Collector and Antique cars, Musclecars, Boats, Jet Skis etc.
Basically anything with an engine and related mobile electronics too.
Derek is most gracious and accommodating in shaping this forum to the wishes of the members. The Hams wanted a section of their own and it has been granted. If this sounds like a good idea, all we have to do is show a strong interest.
This will also reduce traffic in the Off Topic section so we don't have to weed through the clutter to find the really off-topic stuff.

Dododo.gif

I would be interested. I jsut bought a new car two weeks ago, it would have been great to kick my top 3 chocies around and get some feed back.
Alex

Sure I am up for it. Former mechanic and vintage Chevy/GM guy. 1963 impala in the driveway waiting for a restore(my first car)

racing season is almost here, this give me a place for the i broke my chevelle again storys, or videos if i dont.

Just start a group and keep it clean. Less mod work. There are a boatload of fora already as I am sure you all know by now, this site is guns and girls and not necessarily in that order.

If you get your own section, I want a rock garden sub section and flower gardening.[puke]

Just start a group and keep it clean. Less mod work. There are a boatload of fora already as I am sure you all know by now, this site is guns and girls and not necessarily in that order.

If you get your own section, I want a rock garden sub section and flower gardening.[puke]

The "Group" function of the forum has been gone since the last update...

Last edited:
I would read it...

Even with social groups I never read them because they weren't accessible from the main listing.

i would definalty like to see that. I like to be able to help anyone with any automotive problems they might have. and im a gear head in general too.

How about a cat sub-forum too? And cooking? Mountain biking? Woodworking?

You forgot Knitting and Needlepoint too [wink]

Seriously though, "All Things Mechanical" is a far broader category than those listed above. In fact, I'm willing to bet that at least 99% of the members out here own something with an engine that runs on some kind of fuel.
I see automotive questions posted regularly in the Off Topic section, but traffic tends to get pretty heavy over there and posts slide off the front page rather quickly.
With Spring right around the corner, I'm sure many of you are itching to open the garage and take your "Pride and Joy" out of hibernation. With our own sub forum, it would make it far easier for us car guys to get together and exchange info about our other passion.

You forgot Knitting and Needlepoint too [wink]

Seriously though, "All Things Mechanical" is a far broader category than those listed above. In fact, I'm willing to bet that at least 99% of the members out here own something with an engine that runs on some kind of fuel.
I see automotive questions posted regularly in the Off Topic section, but traffic tends to get pretty heavy over there and posts slide off the front page rather quickly.
With Spring right around the corner, I'm sure many of you are itching to open the garage and take your "Pride and Joy" out of hibernation. With our own sub forum, it would make it far easier for us car guys to get together and exchange info about our other passion.

I completely agree, an auto sub-forum would be a great idea. I can't wait to take the car out of storage. It would be nice to have a section to discuss our other toys.

If I could make another suggestion while kind of on the topic. Why not move the Hardware section up towards the top of the page. I feel like the sometimes important questions get overlooked for lack of traffic. If the hardware section was moved up and the non-firearm stuff down, there could be an off topic section for subjects like politics, autos, ham radio and whatever else. IMO I think it would help keep the forum from straying off topic in the firearm threads.

I think that, in his own unique style, EC gave you the answer to the OP, though it's Derek's final call.

I want a Model T ford section, and a coin collecting section. How about a computer section? And an antique tractor section.

My wife would like a doll collecting and quilting section.

Where does it end?

That's what other forums are for.

Last edited:
I'd be in for an 'all things mechanical' section. Love cars, in the process of finishing up our '72 LS1/T-56 Corvette.

Perhaps I was too subtle. Let's try this:

No.

I'm sure a bunch of you would like it, but there are plenty of car/tractor/motorcycle/belt sander sites already in existence.

Just start an "All Things Mechanical" thread and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom