Who's Going?

I would love to go to the Florida Open, it is on my list of matches to try. It is supposed to be a challenging match. Not to mention, it is one of the matches the world champ, Eric Grauffel, comes to shoot in the US.

Just got done Saturday with first 6 stages of Florida Open 6 more Sunday morning. Good stages but they are almost all 28-32 rounds, not a speed shoot in the bunch. LOTS of long shots 30-40 yds and many on small steel plates at that distance.

Watched Eric Grauffel shoot this morning. It is ridiculous how good/fast he is. Has to be illegal.

So, I get down Friday and head for the range to check things out. Bob Londrigan (Brazos Custom) said to come by and see him about a slight ejection issue I was having with the gun. So we head over for the practice range and now the hammer is following on every shot. He takes it all apart twice and can't figure it out. So, I am shooting the Bedell gun for the first time ever in a match, with ammo loaded for the Brazos gun!

Tanked the first stage, mag jam etc and shoot it in like 39 secs! Well, there goes that match! The RO forgets to write down my time for the stage so................RESHOOT! Shoot like 12 secs better. Rest of the stages were sort of slow and steady. Nothing great, but nothing horrible. 2 mikes in 6 stages.

One of the best things about coming down here, for those that haven't, is that you get to watch guys like Grauffel, Bragg, Michel, Hobdell, and Sevigny shoot. Interesting to see the difference between where I am and how the best in the world play the game.

Back
Top Bottom