Who shoots S&W and/or Sig Target .45s? Can't decide!

The title says it all, I 'need' a .45, and these two look best on paper at least.

I'm looking for a full-size .45, so the available E series seems to be out. So, older S&W .45s or the new Sig Target (FS has them at a very good price) looks the way to go.

But......need to try before I buy! Especially considering I would want to put slimmer grips on the Sig, does anyone have one of these that I could try, say a mag or two? More than happy to bring the ammo and the beer. (For later, NOT during! [smile])

I shoot at Taunton but could make any reasonable distance.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Pelikan

I've shot both 1911's and went with the s&w ... I feel the s&w just handles the recoil better... Also, I've shot a couple different s&w's with different springs, so you could always modify to your liking.

I have a S&W 945PC which I use as my bullseye pistol gun. I also had a Sig 220 Sport in 45ACP - it was accurate but unwieldy and the grips were not to my liking - a bit too big.

I bought the Sig Target as my first 1911. Not a single hiccup and has converted me to the dark-side of 1911's. I love it, but it's my first and have only put a few hundred down the pipe so far.

If you're ever up in the Amesbury area you're more than welcome to try it out.

First off, I have not shot both.

Now with that said... One thing to consider is that the Sig is not as close to the 1911 design as the S&W is so not all 1911 parts will fit in a Sig "1911" style gun. If you buy parts to put in, most likely it is more likely to fit in the S&W than the Sig.

Back
Top Bottom