Whitinsville Fish & Game

Looks like I am switching clubs for 2008 to Whitinsville F&G in Douglas/Uxbridge, MA. Mom-in-law bought me a membership for Xmas. Anyone out there a member here? I know a lot of people who are members but just wondering if anyone here was.

My current club, Singletary R&G in Sutton, was more convenient for me but I was waffling on switching soon anyway. They seem to be undergoing a silent, non-hostile, takeover from some major biker organizations and my kids are getting close to in age to go fishing, etc. there.

I was thinking of leaving Singletary too, for either Whitinsville Fish and Game or BVBC. I like a dedicated pistol range, and the Beagle Club has one. Does Whitinsville? I also heard that it was difficult to get a membership at Whitinsville. Do you have any further info?

Also look into Auburn Sportsman's Club. They have rifle/pistol/archery/trout pond and lots of kids' activities. Just off Rte 20 on Elm St. near W. Millbury.

I am a member there, pretty nice place. Don't see any one there when ever i go to shoot. I have only ran into people shooting there with me 2 times in the year i have been shooting. Yes the pistol and rifle range are different ranges. Also no its not difficult the Uxbridge one down the street is the club that has a waiting list and a referral is needed i believe.

Last edited:
Chuck, you are a member where again? (It's not easy telling which message you're replying to here.)

Looks like he is a member at Whitinsville as he answered Transporter's questions.
You do need a referral at Whitinsville but I think that is it. And you are supposed to work each year.

Trans, are you referring to the Beagle Club on Walnut St in Douglas? Didn't know they were a shooting club...

That's the one. Went there once a couple of years ago as a guest. Seperate pistol and rifle range, although we only used the pistol range. Heard that the pistol range was closed for some time because they had to completely rebuild the range; apparently a round went over a berm and into someones house. That's at best third hand info, tho.

Shot briefly at Whitinsville yesterday. Ranges are very small and not too convenient in the winter with snow on the ground. Pistol is a 3 station roughly 25 yards. Rifle is only one station and looked to be about 100-150-yards max. They do have an active trap set up as well as indoor and outdoor archery. Archery may be more popular up there than firearms. Overall I think I will be happy with it.

Chuck,

Do you know Harry Tabor? He was a long time member of Whitinsville.
He passed away last week.

Whitensville

Hi, first post here. I was out of the sport for a number of years and have just applied to re-instate my LTC. I want to join a local club for the express purpose of shooting. I was a member of Nipmuc and Hopedale years ago, and would like to know more about Whitensville.

Are there any members here that can tell me a little about the ranges there? How much are the dues? are there any other membership requirements / limitations? Do I need a sponsor?

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome.

I took a drive to Whitinsville today and talked to a few members. The guys at the clubhouse were friendly and welcoming so that counts for a lot. I saw the ranges... Not impressive but there are plans to improve. I don’t mind putting in a few hours to build a few shooting stations, since woodworking is another hobby of mine.

JPO, I wound up renewing my membership at Singletary after all. Give me a shout sometime and I'll bring you down to check the range out if you're interested.

Singletary

Thanks for the offer, and I may just take you up on that. I got a call from the Uxbridge Police to come down for the licence application. So I have to take this one step at a time.

Licence
Club Membership
New P226

transporter,

if that's a public invite, I'd like to come along too. I live just off central turnpike about 4 miles from Singletary

not to hijack the tread, but I thought that they closed the pistol and rifle ranges

Any current members have any positive or negative feedback?
Recently got back into fishing and picked up shooting. Got my ltc
Is this a good place to relax and fish? And how's the range quality?
Noticed no new posts in over 4 years

I know this is an old thread but figured I would update it so people know about the club. The club has dedicated trap, archery indoor and out, pistol and rifle ranges. Pond is very peaceful and have winter and summer fishing derbies for kids. Very family oriented club with lots of events and everyone I meet is very friendly. Just had a Santa meet for the kids where each kid got a present from Santa. Looking forward to game dinner night and hopefully more prime rib nights. Bar is usually open on Thursdays and Sundays and prices can't be beat. I came from Rockdale rod and gun that was closed down so this is a big step up in amenities.

Back
Top Bottom