White extremism is winning in my Vermont town. I'm selling my animal sanctuary and moving.

Its similar to NH.....select board can propose warrant article that includes ordinances to be voted on at town meeting annually
Voters can similarly gather signatures on petitiion to alter ordinances via warrant article
All of the above requires a majority of voters to vote in favor of it
Its much more common that this will come from planning boards in NH.
Just to clarify, no, ordinances don't all happen just once a year, and don't all go up for a citizen vote.

See 24 V.S.A. § 1972 and 1973. The vast majority of town ordinances take effect 60 days after the selectboard's vote. no citizen vote necessary (absent a petition).
What are you doing here, … with your facts!? Heresy!
And I don't even have a dog in this race, I can't even hear Vermont shooting ranges from my place in NH (if only because all the local NH shooters drown them out).

He's got a PhD in "climate conflict." He's built his entire life around the idea that conflicts can be successfully resolved through negotiation and compromise. People who go into that line of work tend to think all humans are fundamentally good and decent, and that they'll always make rational choices if you can just find the right ways to persuade them. Me, I've never seen much evidence for any of that...

There's no chance that guns will ever have a legitimate place in how he looks at the world.
Peer reviewed leftist bullshit. I bet his PhD was paid for by the US Department of Bungholio (e.g. some unconstitutional dept).

Geez, looking at Allie Breyer’s website… she’s quite possibly a bigger narcissist than shank.

Edit: she’s also running for a spot as a select board member. Campaigning on the fact that she’s a woman and that her town doesn’t have many people of color because they’ve been scared off. Same drivel Shank has espoused while really just being against guns.

How much you want to bet she tries to pass the noise ordnance again if she’s elected?

Last edited:
Geez, looking at Allie Breyer’s website… she’s quite possibly a bigger narcissist than shank.

Edit: she’s also running for a spot as a select board member. Campaigning on the fact that she’s a woman and that her town doesn’t have many people of color because they’ve been scared off. Same drivel Shank has espoused while really just being against guns.

How much you want to bet she tries to pass the noise ordnance again if she’s elected?

Indeed…

WE are 2nd amendment advocates and gun owners. But - you're only proving me right... Keep alienating people who don't align 100% with your view and you'll find yourself in an awful small tent.... and getting run over by the will of everyone YOU force outside of it.. I stand by my prior statement that this is how WE lose the fight... But feel free to keep making my point stronger with your comments.

You call my views repulsive, yet I'm not the one here who has turned to name-calling and personal insults.... a tactic that only validates my position by the way since the opposition lacks intelligent rebuttals.

...and you're not doing me a courtesy... If you don't like what I have to say on a forum open to the public, feel free to add me to your ignore list.
The NRA are 2nd Amendment advocates; I’m a freedom advocate, as are most here, and “we” don’t want or need nanny-staters in our tent regardless of their stance on guns.

True, can't really compare states that are almost all white, almost completely rural, to liberal shitholes with big populations of Dindu Nuffins without acknowledging that key difference.

If you remove LA/Chiraq/NYC, America has one of the world's lowest violent crime rates, including specifically "gun crime". Who commits all the "gun crime" in those cities?
VT actually has a pretty high death by gun rate , at one point IIRC its the worst of the NewEngland states?

Just to clarify, no, ordinances don't all happen just once a year, and don't all go up for a citizen vote.

See 24 V.S.A. § 1972 and 1973. The vast majority of town ordinances take effect 60 days after the selectboard's vote. no citizen vote necessary (absent a petition).

And I don't even have a dog in this race, I can't even hear Vermont shooting ranges from my place in NH (if only because all the local NH shooters drown them out).
Was up NH for 4 days did not hear a single gun shot, got home today and first thing I hear when I get out of the truck is someing popping of rounds in the bog across the way…..in the rain!

The NRA are 2nd Amendment advocates; I’m a freedom advocate, as are most here, and “we” don’t want or need nanny-staters in our tent regardless of their stance on guns.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me...

The NRA hasn't been a 2nd amendment advocate for a while now. You need to brush up on your news for the last half-decade. They advocate for private jets, expensive 3 piece suits, and mansions in gated communities at this point. The rest of their effort is being spent on keeping the house of cards that is their finances from collapsing on itself and balancing their bankruptcy in there as well.

You're calling me a nanny stater because I think that neighbors shouldn't be a**h***s to each other? I guess you don't realize that this is EXACTLY why the "nanny" state exists. Possession is 9/10ths the law and all that... Of course, most of it would not be necessary if people would be decent to each other. But, as you so clearly demonstrate, that is something that is simply beyond the ability of some like yourself. So people like you necessitate such laws... Thanks for that...

This is an epic out yourself thread though... Seriously... Not one thought-provoking or intelligent response to my point of "hey, how about practicing a little common courtesy to one another"... and for that, I get called all sorts of interesting things like a statist, nanny stater, and other colorful adjectives, that in the end, only prove my point. Some people are incapable of decency and THEY are why the very laws they decry exist today...

This is Epic... It should be a sticky for life...

Last edited:

The NRA hasn't been a 2nd amendment advocate for a while now. You need to brush up on your news for the last half-decade. They advocate for private jets, expensive 3 piece suits, and mansions in gated communities at this point. The rest of their effort is being spent on keeping the house of cards that is their finances from collapsing on itself and balancing their bankruptcy in there as well.

You're calling me a nanny stater because I think that neighbors shouldn't be a**h***s to each other? I guess you don't realize that this is EXACTLY why the "nanny" state exists. Possession is 9/10ths the law and all that... Of course, most of it would not be necessary if people would be decent to each other. But, as you so clearly demonstrate, that is something that is simply beyond the ability of some like yourself. So people like you necessitate such laws... Thanks for that...

This is an epic out yourself thread though... Seriously... Not one thought-provoking or intelligent response to my point of "hey, how about practicing a little common courtesy to one another"... and for that, I get called all sorts of interesting things like a statist, nanny stater, and other colorful adjectives, that in the end, only prove my point. Some people are incapable of decency and THEY are why the very laws they decry exist today...

Sticks and stones will break my bones but cancer will probably kill me

From the bottom of Allie’s intro page:

Currently residing as a guest on unceded Abenaki / Abénaquis, Mohican, and Wabanaki Confederacy land.

If her and her partner truly believe this, they shouldn’t be selling the land to move. They should just be giving it back to one of those tribes and leave the animals as reparations.
Funny how the woke never put their money where their mouth is.

WE are 2nd amendment advocates and gun owners. But hey, if you think it's beneficial to throw people out of that group because they don't align 100% with your own personal beliefs, then hey, it's a free country. But - you're only proving me right... Keep alienating people who don't align 100% with your view and you'll find yourself in an awful small tent.... and getting run over by the will of everyone YOU force outside of it.. I stand by my prior statement that this is how WE lose the fight... But feel free to keep making my point stronger with your comments.

You call my views repulsive, yet I'm not the one here who has turned to name-calling and personal insults.... a tactic that only validates my position by the way since the opposition lacks intelligent rebuttals.

...and you're not doing me a courtesy... If you don't like what I have to say on a forum open to the public, feel free to add me to your ignore list.

You're right

I'm sure that's exactly what you would say if someone dropped a deuce on your porch too... Or dumped their trash on your lawn. Or junked a car in your driveway.

You're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. You should try to be a better man.

We have a sand pit behind the development. Every so often, people go back and go shooting. One day my kids complained to me. “You’re inside and it isn’t bothering you. It’s daytime. It’s far enough away. Just let it go.” They got it
Along with the Pre Ban Man.

Cmon. Let’s be nice
Loud motorcycles drive away. I'm not sure the same can be said of home firing ranges though.

There is that chippy in SF with the AK. She was driving away.

Rofl....like anyone here knows the extent of the noise pollution or any verification of the threats this bitch ass received. My default position is prove that you were harmed or shut the f*** up. His article was soft on evidence and hard on feels. Your other point about my quads having mufflers was retarded. They have stock mufflers... and hes still out there like a Karen. That's what you don't get. There are people out there who give ZERO f***s about how reasonable you are. If I'm being reasonable and YOU are a prick. Prepare for unreasonable

You are assuming that it is the neighbors shooting guns that are being unreasonable. Looking at the internet trail of Shank and Breyer, I would claim that a more logical assumption would be that they are the ones being unreasonable.

One of the reasons I bought my 33 acre farm was to have my own little 100 yard range. Sometime ago one of my few neighbors rented out their mother-in-law apartment to a old Vietnam vet with PTSD. He came over one day when I was shooting and politely asked if I could let him know when I was going to do some shooting, since the surprise of hearing gun fire was hard on him. We got to talking and I said maybe we could work together so I would only do my heavy shooting when he was in town on other business and when I needed to fire off a few rounds to test out a new build or reload I’d be sure to let him know. He never became a big gun fan, but we got along well together and tried to make allowances for each other. He has since moved on, but I can assure you, if the guy had come over and told me he didn’t want me shooting my “assault weapons” on my own property, I would have given him the bird.

You have no way of knowing who is being reasonable and who is being a jerk from the info given.

If you are saying that you never have the right to make noise on your own property, then I must strongly disagree. As long as you are not breaking state/local regs (and Vermont does have a state breach of the peace law,13 V.S.A. § 1022, that forbids gun fire from sunset to sunrise) then, while you might want to try to accommodate your neighbors, you are under no legal obligation to do so. There is no reason to not exercise your rights just because someone else doesn’t like them. And my read of this case is that Shank/Breyer are just anti’s that don’t want anyone shooting “gunz” cause they’re bad. I find the claim that the gunfire upsets the animals somewhat hard to take, since I’ve had horses and sheep on my farm and, while they initially take notice of gunfire, the get used to it after awhile as long as it’s not right next to them.

Ooh boy. So, what level of noise is acceptable to emit from one’s property during the day? What about in rural areas with a low density of homes?

How loud were these shots at Shank’s house? what did Shank/Breyer say/ask when supposedly being neighborly when first approaching their neighbors? That is…. before they abused their public office to settle a personal dispute.

From the bottom of Allie’s intro page:

Currently residing as a guest on unceded Abenaki / Abénaquis, Mohican, and Wabanaki Confederacy land.

If her and her partner truly believe this, they shouldn’t be selling the land to move. They should just be giving it back to one of those tribes and leave the animals as reparations.
Funny how the woke never put their money where their mouth is.
I was thinking the very same thing....

"So people like you necessitate such laws... Thanks for that."
This comment shows your true colors. Statist to the bone.

Back
Top Bottom