Where to shoot to injure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I needed to drop someone, I would need the bullet to create shock in their body, not necessarily kill them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a shot to the upper chest seems like a high probability of death, lungs, heart, etc. So I'm wondering if there are any specific spots/areas of the body that would be considered... 'safer' to shoot? Or is it pretty much the same probability of death no matter where I shoot?

Hey jerry and welcome to the forum. It's never a good idea to 'shoot to wound'. You shouldn't be shooting anyone unless your life is in immediate danger and if that's the case you should be shooting to kill. Center mass until the target goes down.

Hey jerry and welcome to the forum. It's never a good idea to 'shoot to wound'. You shouldn't be shooting anyone unless your life is in immediate danger and if that's the case you should be shooting to kill. Center mass until the target goes down.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been a member and reading alot, but haven't posted much.

I mean, I do understand in the case where I'd have to shoot, my life would be in danger and I would be expecting to kill. Maybe I'm too considerate hehe, but I guess even if I had to shoot I would rather not have the person die if I could prevent it by shooting them somewhere less deadly.

Jerry, you are a new guy and I really want to say this respectfully. Having your 4th post be a what if I had to drop a guy is not a good way to go. You might want to do a little reading and get some training first. This is a touchy subject.

I mean, I do understand in the case where I'd have to shoot, my life would be in danger and I would be expecting to kill. Maybe I'm too considerate hehe, but I guess even if I had to shoot I would rather not have the person die if I could prevent it by shooting them somewhere less deadly.

Without beating around the bush, to be completely honest if this is truly how you feel, sell your gun and buy a can of mace.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been a member and reading alot, but haven't posted much.

No such thing. While I do applaud your humanity and compassion, there is honestly no rational reason to shoot anywhere other than center mass in a defensive situation. Until you can accept that, and I apologize if I'm being overly blunt, you should not consider firearms as anything other than a form of recreation, and restrict your use accordingly.

Jerry, you are a new guy and I really want to say this respectfully. Having your 4th post be a what if I had to drop a guy is not a good way to go. You might want to do a little reading and get some training first. This is a touchy subject.

Don't worry about offending me being new. But I have done plenty of reading and I would like to think that I'd be comfortable with making the decision of whether I need to draw a gun or not, considering an event's circumstances. Sorry if this is a touchy subject, maybe that's why I couldn't find any posts regarding this. That's also why I'm asking. Just in the case that I'd ever need to draw, personally, I'd rather not take a life if I had control over it.

I guess it's pretty straightforward then, which I kind of expected. Shoot to kill. I just wanted to be sure there wasn't another option.

Try air-soft or paintball. Both will down a perp if hit in the nads. Welcome aboard. What time will you be checking out? J/K

Welcome to the forum Jerry. I'm going to close this thread before too many people pile on, but before I do let me say this.

You should shoot only to stop the threat when your life is in danger. It so happens that the best places to hit "to stop the threat" are also the deadliest places to hit.

If you can't live with that, you should find a method of self defense that doesn't involve a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom