where to get shiners around metrowest?

I'm in Holliston, I think I've bought some in Upton a few years back, but I don't pass by that way anymore.

Was looking for some local alternatives.....

side note: anyone trap their own?

Looking for same. Closest place to us is fish/bait shop on Route 20 in Shrewsbury and Barry's behind USA Marine.
Anyone know of something closer to Westborough area?

There's a bait place on RT 12 across the causeway in west boylston. Other than that I recall seeing a bait place in the garage/barn of a house on RT 135 Westborough across from the WMA entrance or maybe like 100yrd down.

There's a bait place on RT 12 across the causeway in west boylston. Other than that I recall seeing a bait place in the garage/barn of a house on RT 135 Westborough across from the WMA entrance or maybe like 100yrd down.

Thanks for the input all.
That was Jim Barry who is now over at USA Marine. (Which is a haul from Westboro to get yer shiners..)

Anybody been to Jerry's Bait & Tackle in Milford lately? I haven't been there in years, (sorta forgot about that place) he used to have a live bait vending machine outside

I'm not sure if he sells shiners, i only bought auger blades there.

ETA: There's a Yelp review from 2013 that states he sells shiners.

There's a shop in millis I've passed before: Keith's Tackle on 109, if I can get in there i'll post what's what.

Last edited:
Jerry's Bait & Tackle in Milford. I just go there for the archery stuff but it seems like someone is always buying live bait.

Natick Outdoor Store carries shiners. Great selection of fishing tackle as well. Good guys in the fishing & hunting department. Open 7 days a week, too! Poke around - you be surprised what you find in there. If you don't see it - just ask.

Back
Top Bottom