Where to find a wooded SKS stock

Hi guys I just purchased a Norinco SKS today. it is all numbers matching but came with a synthetic Monte Carlo stock. Id like to replace this stock with a original style wooden stock. I really dont want to spend much on this, so does anyone know where I could find one on the cheap!?!

Im located in the greater Fall River area.

Thanks!

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/sks.html This is the only place I have seen wooden stocks. Know anyone in the Carpentry business? With a duplicator?

http://www.gunstockduplicating.com/ I almost went this route with a old savage I had. I then came across one at a show. Seems everyone wants tacticool for the sks? I like the plain old wood on these. I tried a few of the tactical replacement models ,not happy.

I just registered on there but I cant even see the classifieds until i reach a certain rep level, no matter how many times I post [rolleyes]
There are 2 for sale that I found. I sent the seller a PM with a link to this thread, if you want to try to contact him directly his handle on the SKS boards is AlamoScout.

These are the stocks, he's looking for $35 each plus shipping.
p38041.jpg

There are 2 for sale that I found. I sent the seller a PM with a link to this thread, if you want to try to contact him directly his handle on the SKS boards is AlamoScout.

These are the stocks, he's looking for $35 each plus shipping.
Thanks for the help I appreciate it!
eBay has lots of them...
Wow they have quite a few for reasonable prices too!
John you are out of Control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea... I also got a nice stainless .38 with it!

Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Is there any way to tell if a stock would fit a pinned barrel Norinco by looking at a picture, or am I basically taking a chance of it fitting?

Last edited:
I've got one you can have for $15 if it fits. No upper handguard though and you'll need a butt plate. Its got the cross bolt and a side mount rear swivel. I'm in New Bedford.

you can already see some difference in the post above. post 6

I see 2 that stand out. Darker one has 2 notches near trigger area.

reciever area top darker one looks square, lighter seems rounded.

spike bayo or blade will make a bit of a difference.

Is there any way to tell if a stock would fit a pinned barrel Norinco by looking at a picture, or am I basically taking a chance of it fitting?

Distance from rear of crossbolt to rear of receiver cut out is 8 7/8" for pinned barrel. Area in front of crossbolt is not milled out to accept threaded barrel lug.

Looking at pics? Very difficult. No way to tell for the ones posted earlier in this thread, it does not show the receiver opening or a measurement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom