Where to find a Star B?

Hey All

I've been looking around for a while now but can't seem to find a C&R Star B, I know they are on the C&R but I just can't find anyone online to buy it from.

If anyone knows where they're is one send me a PM with the info and I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also I think this is 9mm is it largo or para?

Thanks!

The Star B is 9mm Para. Watch out for guys selling Star As as Star Bs as the As are 9mm Largo.

The Star Bs sold out from the main distributers pretty fast once they hit the C&R list last year. Haven't seen anyone have more lately. I seen a few at gun shows, but as you can guess, the prices have shot up for them.

Good luck in your search

The Star B I bought with my C&R cost right around $200. Maybe a little bit less. I saw one at a gun show just recently going for over $375. It was beat up pretty bad to for $375.

I paid around $200 for mine a while back from an add in Shotgun News. They pop up now and then but you have to keep an eye out.

I changed the grips because the original plastic ones were beat and these just spoke to me.[grin]

100_0395.jpg

Riley's has one in the big case near the door. They also have a Star A. I think the price was $360-ish

Star B's were everywhere about a year ago. I saw one at the Marlboro show for $275. It was the original military Star B not the newer alloy frame Star Light.

Check shotgun News next issue as well. I know a NES member who has one and really did not like it all that much. I will PM him and see if he wants to part with it.

I like them, or I should say LOVE em. I have 4 of them. One Star light, two that are all matching and one non import marked.

The Largo round is OK but you will pay more for the ammo and not everybody has it. I would stick with the 9mm. Easy to feed[smile]

Star B's were everywhere about a year ago. I saw one at the Marlboro show for $275. It was the original military Star B not the newer alloy frame Star Light.

Check shotgun News next issue as well. I know a NES member who has one and really did not like it all that much. I will PM him and see if he wants to part with it.

I like them, or I should say LOVE em. I have 4 of them. One Star light, two that are all matching and one non import marked.

The Largo round is OK but you will pay more for the ammo and not everybody has it. I would stick with the 9mm. Easy to feed[smile]

Largo brass is made by Starline. It is also 9x23, or 38 super without the rim.

Sarco had some Shotgun News a couple of issues ago. If you're in Ma, forget it. They won't ship handguns here and some other companies I've tried to deal with, won't ship to a C&R holder in Ma.

I'll send you some info on where to look.

The star b is actually a copy of a colt 40's 1911 but in 9mm luger. The star super is in 9mm largo. If your going after a 9mm largo too you may want to get an Astra 400 in largo too.

Hey all....thanks for everyones help...still in the process of looking for one....tried a few places to ship to me in Massland and they all gave me the big FU.....might have one though, have to wait till monday! I'll let you know...otherwise might wait till fitchburg show and try there.

Knob Creek, you just ruined my favorite western. I never noticed any exterior extractors but I never looked that hard. Please don't tell me the Colt Peacemakers were Uberti's.

As someone pointed out earlier - great photo you posted. If gun technology had stopped around 1915 I wouldn't be unhappy. I really like the old steel and wood creations.

Back
Top Bottom