Where is the 7.62 x 39 ammo?

hillman

NES Member
I've checked most of the usual online sites, everyone seems to be backordered, and I found a few boxes here and there at my local dealers, but not enough.

I'm not even hoarding, I have less than 100 rounds and 2 boxes is that UMC stuff that is too expensive to actually shoot.

Help a guy out. I hear something outside. It might be zombies.

Last edited:
All the golden tiger 7.62x39 was sold out @ Law Enforcment Equipment in Waltham.

They only have the expensive Fiocchi @ 18.95 a box for 20 rounds >=O

Yes it is corrosive but if you google M67 ammo you will see that it is reliable and accurate.
Apparently the M67 ammo has better terminal ballistics when compared to other types of surplus 7.62 x 39 ammo.
I always assume that all surplus ammo is corrosive and clean my guns accordingly after shooting.

Collector's gallery in Stoneham had a decent variety of ammo today. I saw .223, 7.69x39, 308 and 7.62x54r.

Stuff seems to be showing up again. Oh... and no, I don't remember the prices unfortunately. I was just pleased to see a variety available.

Cheers,

Rich

I saw some Saturday at the gun show in Concord NH. 1200 rounds for $360. Not cheap, but better than the 1000 rounds for $350 I saw at the Wilmington show.
I remember getting 1000 round cases of Russian hollowpoint for $85.
Ah, the good ol' days..........

I hate to spread rumor and innuendo (and I wouldn't if I hadn't got this from a reliable gun shop in the Easton area), but has anyone heard that our dear leader has halted ammo imports from Russia (Wolf, Barnaul, ect...)???

Just an interesting bit of info: The IRAQI ARMY and IRAQI POLICE and the rest of ISF (Iraqi Security Forces) are using Russian WOLF ammo provided through the US Military.
Just in case anyone was wondering where the ammo actually was.

Any idea where I could find some 7.62X39 around the southeast or Plymouth MA area? M&M in plymouth has all privi but I am looking for wolf or something cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom