Where for art thou DEREK???

Derek:

Sorry to miss you at the Woburn CMP match this morning... Thought for sure you'd be there... only six shooters... but nice bunch of folks and the couple hosting were superb... others were hoping to meet you as well and we did a bang up job marketing the Northeastshooters.com site... no charge!

80 shot match with sighters for all stages... lots of help along the way...

I shot 672 -7X and Steve O shot something in the 400's with an X... not bad for the second time out for Steve O.

Westfield Belly Match on Nov. 6th $25 #100 rounds...I think.

Braintree Nov. 12
New Hampshire Nov. 13

Hope to see you at one or more before the season closes...

Jon Frost

derek said:
I was out late last night. [shock] I wasn't a 100% this morning.

Halloween_Hangover.jpg

Jarhead said:
Any of you going to Reading on Nov. 5th?

Barring any disaster I hope to be there.
If the weather is good, Brent and I plan on going. If it's going to be in the low 40's I doubt it.

Mailmanx said:
I thought you were one of the few, the proud... etc...

I'll try to make it... along wiht my supply of hand warmers...

Jon

Growing up in Minnesota, Moutain Warfare school and I still hate the cold. [wink]

derek said:

You mean to tell me that lying on your belly on a cold wet morning pounding out rounds from a high powered rifle isn't how you cure a hangover? :?

It was a good time. Got the AR pretty well sighted in with help from Randy, who did not shoot but ran the match. My shots had, for the most part, been hitting centered but high and I had maxed out the rear sight. Adjusted the front post and like magic, shots started falling into the black on the 300 and 600 yard targets. Very satisfying. Like I said when we were done, now all I need is 20 years of practice!

Steve

Ozman said:
derek said:

You mean to tell me that lying on your belly on a cold wet morning pounding out rounds from a high powered rifle isn't how you cure a hangover? :?

You've heard the old expression that it'll either kill it or cure it? I think Derek was afraid of the latter. [lol]

Seems to me that the rain would have diluted any leftovers...

Steve:
Glad you have your rifle is sighted in and you'll be ready to better your scores with every match. Enjoy the Tubb DVDs and remember to get your cleaning stuff pretty soon, since we shot 88 rounds, you'll want to clean her up soon...

I had to ream out the primer pockets on your rounds... with my drill mounted reamer... I guess the white box 62s are processed on a different machine or use slightly different primers... Some of the primer pockets were off center as well. Go figure.

Loaded for the next CMP match... now I have to load 77s for the Belly Match.

Take care.
Jon

Jon,
Not a bad time, eh?
I was pleased to finally connect with you guys and happy to see Steve's wife make an appearance as well.
I was very impressed with the young lady who shot with you two.
Steve........you get that thing cleaned up yet?
Scott

Scott:

Just got the scores.... finally made it to 80%!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve O will be in the 500-600s at the next match now that his sights are squared away.
Ev Tate was shooting serial 10s and Xs so I knew I had something to aspire to...Even with the rain, the fellowship and assistance was well worth the drive and the cold/damp/dank/dark/drearyness!

When you get a chance, send me the specs on your Match Upper from WOP please.

See you on the course!

Jon Frost

Back
Top Bottom