• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where did you buy your Dillon?

I been thinking about reloading...more as a hobby than for cost reasons. I probably don't shoot enough to warrant reloading my own ammo.

So reading this and other forums most agree that the Dillon 550B is the way to go. My question is where is the best place to buy (online)? Or if there is a dealer in NH that has good prices and CS I would be willing to drive.

Is the RL version worth getting. I shoot pistols primarily(9mm & .380), the only rifle I have is a .22. I don't see getting a center fire rifle anytime soon other than one day hopefully getting an M1 but that would more as a collector piece.

Any other advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

I did the classes up in Kittery Trading Post and then purchased my setup through them direct.

Brian Enos rocks. You cannot go wrong. If you have any questions, you can can literally call him and he'll walk you through whatever problems you have.

I've heard nothing but great things about BrianEnos.com but I just bought my XL650 directly from Dillon. They were great folks to deal with.

When you order one from Brian, it gets shipped directly from Dillon. With Brian you get the addition of a pro (guru, sage, champ) to steer you through the purchase on top of all that a Dillon purchase offers.

Thanks for the input...I think my head is going to explode with all the extras you can get. I need to weed through all this and see what I really need and whats a nice to have. So far it looks like the RL is the way to go so I need to add dies, a scale and of course primers shells, powder and bullets etc etc....If i had a grand I'd buy the starter kit from Brian but I am not sure I need all the stuff and well its a grand....

All I got was the basic 550B, setup to reload 9mm. The only extras I got were the primer flipper tray and the strong mount (which I really do recommend). I could see the use for extra primer tubes if you plan on very high volume, but 100 at a time is plenty for my purposes.

Another +1 for Brian Enos

I'll jump on the Brian Enos bandwagon. I got my Dillon 550B from him along with a number of the caliber conversion kits. He actually responded back to my emails right away with all the answers I needed. Top notch customer service. Something that is hard to find now a days.

Back
Top Bottom