Where can I purchase with MA Alien FID?

blktk2000

NES Member
I'm a legal permanent resident alien living in Massachusetts and I'm looking to purchase an Over/Under. I currently have a MA resident permit to possess pursuant to MGL 140 s. 131H and I do know that I can't legally purchase firearms or ammunition in MA. My experience after calling some dealers in New Hampshire and Maine has been that most of them don't know the type of permit I have and they kind of shy away from selling to me.

Can you guys recommend any dealers in New Hampshire or Maine that know and honor the Alien FID ?
Also, would it be possible for me to purchase the O/U from the Internet and transfer it through an FFL in New Hampshire or Maine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have you called the kittery trading post? They might be able to. Is the law you cannot purchase a firearm in MA, or you cannot purchase a firearm from a MA dealer?

And to make it more senseless they scan the fingerprints of permanent residents at Chelsea during the application (in addition to the background check fingerprints) to have them in the MA dealer system...which purpose is to verify your eligibility at the firearms dealership.

Terraformer,

Thank you for the link on Fletcher v. Haas! As it turns out, the site has the following update dated today:

"Update - 03/30/2012: The court ruled in favor of the plaintiffs and lawful permanent resident aliens are clear to get their LTCs pending any appeal the state may choose to take."

Now let's wait and see how long it will take for the bureaucracy in Boston before we can actually apply for an LTC! :)

Terraformer,

Thank you for the link on Fletcher v. Haas! As it turns out, the site has the following update dated today:

"Update - 03/30/2012: The court ruled in favor of the plaintiffs and lawful permanent resident aliens are clear to get their LTCs pending any appeal the state may choose to take."

Now let's wait and see how long it will take for the bureaucracy in Boston before we can actually apply for an LTC! :)

Congrats. You can now enjoy your 2A rights more completely. [thumbsup]

Try calling Riley's in NH, Kittery TP in ME and "something" militeria on the NH border. Hopefully someone can help on the last one's name.

Terry Goode / Collectors Firearms & Militaria, 122 Bridge St., Unit 9, Pelham, NH 03076, (603) 635-9699 .... It's on the upper deck of the strip mall that is there. Small shop but lots of stuff.

-Mike

+1 for Collectors in Pelham, great guys, the shop is a little disorganized but that is part of the charm

I'm a legal permanent resident alien living in Massachusetts and I'm looking to purchase an Over/Under. I currently have a MA resident permit to possess pursuant to MGL 140 s. 131H and I do know that I can't legally purchase firearms or ammunition in MA. My experience after calling some dealers in New Hampshire and Maine has been that most of them don't know the type of permit I have and they kind of shy away from selling to me.

Can you guys recommend any dealers in New Hampshire or Maine that know and honor the Alien FID ?
Also, would it be possible for me to purchase the O/U from the Internet and transfer it through an FFL in New Hampshire or Maine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Why can't you purchase in MA? Call Carl at Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn. You will need 90 days or 3 months of utility bills to purchase per ATF requirements.

Resident in mass? Call a mass lgs? They should be able to tell ya

You guys don't get it..... the problem is the MA law is ****ed up and resident aliens cannot get a license which allows them to purchase stuff here, even if they are actually MA residents. Some byzantine problem in the MA law with regards to aliens does not allow them to buy guns or ammunition in MA, they are treated as nonresidents. It's a "special case" scenario.

-Mike

Thank you guys all for your suggestions! Over the weekend I went to Kittery Trading Post and they gladly sold me the gun I wanted.
Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom