When Zombies Attack…Big Sur Survivalist Tyson Curtis Will Be Ready.

Being a big zombie movie/pop culture fan, I love using a Zombie Apocalypse scenario as a way to look at and get people interested in disaster preparedness. It's also just a fun 'what if' thing to throw around... Some people talk about what they would do if they won the lottery, my friends and I talk about what we would do if the dead walked the earth. Where would you go? How would you deal with the immediate aftermath... how would you deal with it long term.

Looks pretty interesting (particularly the blog), but I'll have to give it a more thorough read/view when I'm not at work.

I was very happy, though that he's doing this as more of an experiment in surviving some sort of world changing event (epidemic, nuclear war, etc) and that he's not actually preparing for a real Zombie Apocalypse... those are the people who worry me!

Can't wait to dig more into the blog.

I've been meaning to pick this up. He's reading it too apparently

What+I%27m+Reading+Now,+Germs+Guns+&+Steel.jpg

I've been meaning to pick this up. He's reading it too apparently

What+I%27m+Reading+Now,+Germs+Guns+&+Steel.jpg

It's repetitive and preachy in parts; its more of an historical survey of large-scale conditions, and how our current world came to be from many factors.

I made it through, but in parts, it was a slog. Could have used a more vicious editor, IMO

how does your brain not explode from all the useless crap rolling around inside of your head. really, the Migratory Bird Act of 1918?

That's no worse than when I recently explained to someone that the reason you won't see VW's pickup in the US is because of the Chicken Tax of 1962(3?). As it turns out, this import tax originally designed to protect us farmers from cheap imported chicken feed and other grains also had a 30% tariff on small trucks added. Everything but the truck tariff has been repealed, so we have a Chicken Tax that only taxes pickup trucks.

Which is why if you imported the VW Amorok(check it out, it's gorgeous!) a truck similar to the Tacoma with a diesel engine that gets 40 mpg and has a tow capacity of 7,000 lbs, it would cost more than a loaded F150 pickup.

Which is also why I drive the F150.

Honestly, where would the world be without all the weirdos quoting arcane facts that most people neither know nor care about? And how many friend do you need that can quote every lyric to damned near every song?

how does your brain not explode from all the useless crap rolling around inside of your head. really, the Migratory Bird Act of 1918?

A friend of a friend learned first hand about that one.

The two of them were shooting clays in the back pasture, getting ready for duck season. Two barn swallows (which are common as flies) swooped down, and his buddy popped them both.

The USFWS warden who had been watching them through binos came swooping in with his blue lights on, and arrested the buddy and hauled him before the federal magistrate. "Migratory non-game species", $5,000 per bird -- and the judge told him he got off lucky, because they could have seized his shotgun and truck, too.

Which is why if you imported the VW Amorok(check it out, it's gorgeous!) a truck similar to the Tacoma with a diesel engine that gets 40 mpg and has a tow capacity of 7,000 lbs, it would cost more than a loaded F150 pickup.

Great! One more thing for me to want that I'm not allowed to have!!

A friend of a friend learned first hand about that one.

The two of them were shooting clays in the back pasture, getting ready for duck season. Two barn swallows (which are common as flies) swooped down, and his buddy popped them both.

The USFWS warden who had been watching them through binos came swooping in with his blue lights on, and arrested the buddy and hauled him before the federal magistrate. "Migratory non-game species", $5,000 per bird -- and the judge told him he got off lucky, because they could have seized his shotgun and truck, too.

That sounds reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom