When it becomes C&R?

SKS Ray

NES Member
Reading the recent thread about C&R status I got to thinking... how about all the guns we have that aren't 50 years old yet but will soon be reaching that age?
Say for example that old .22 plinker rifle sitting in the corner of the safe. If its 49 years, 364 days old today but will officially turn 50 years old tomorrow, are you required to keep track of age and log it in the book?
If thats the case we might as well have count down tags hanging on old guns so we know when they reach 50 year old status.
Even then you'll have the date acquired listed as xx years before the entry. Sounds like it would make for a confusing read of entries should one ever be audited.

Read the rules for the BB here in the various threads about that exact topic. Also read the rules in the BATFE FAQ.

You will gain knowledge and learn the answers.

The answer is NO!

it's scary. I own a bunch of guns that I bought new, that are starting to turn to C&R's. How did they get 50 years old when I'm still in my 20's *grin*

it's scary. I own a bunch of guns that I bought new, that are starting to turn to C&R's. How did they get 50 years old when I'm still in my 20's *grin*

It is when people refer to you as a "seasoned shooter" and start addressing you as "Sir", that you should start to worry.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom