Whats Up with my Remington 1100??

So, a few weeks ago I completely stripped and cleaned my Remington 1100. I took it down to the club for some trap practice, and it worked flawlessly. Then I put it away for a few weeks. I took it out yesterday to do some more trap practice. I did not do anyting to it.

The gun loaded normally, went into battery nice and strong like it always does. But...when I fired the gun, the shell went off, and the action cycled back---but then forward...back into battery! The shell did not eject. I had to manually pull back the bolt to take the empty shell out. When i pulled the bolt back manually, it stayed in its open position...I was using the Federal general purpose shells ( I have always used these )

This happened again and again. Occasionally, the bolt stayed open becuase the shell got jammed in the breech.

I thaught maybe it was the shell-catcher on my gun...so I adjusted that. But that did not fix it. I will say, that out the 50 shots I took, it had this problem MOST of the time.

i was going to call a gunsmith, but I figured Id ask here.
any ideas?

In my experience, Remmys like to run wet. Make sure your gas rings are in good shape and spray some remlube on the bolt and tube.

Good luck.

Check your o-ring and make sure the gas ports through the barrel are clean. From there I'd inspect the action to make sure it is cleaned and lubricated, if it is still troublesome after that you need to look at the link and action spring.

Check your o-ring and make sure the gas ports through the barrel are clean. From there I'd inspect the action to make sure it is cleaned and lubricated, if it is still troublesome after that you need to look at the link and action spring.

+1 on the O ring.

Back
Top Bottom