what's the "cops can see guns registered to you" called?

Trying to find the thread(s) about cops seeing what you own(that's been Fa10'd) when they pull you over, but not having luck by searching.

Last edited:
With some buttonpressing they can probably do it through cjisweb, assuming a terminal exists in the car. Not sure why they would, smart cops will simply assume that any ltc holder has guns regardless of what that silly database says.

I'm wondering if our LTC's are tied to our vehicle registrations. Many if not most PD's already have plate scanning systems. Is it a stretch to think we could be automatically flagged as LTC holders?

I'm wondering if our LTC's are tied to our vehicle registrations. Many if not most PD's already have plate scanning systems. Is it a stretch to think we could be automatically flagged as LTC holders?

I was told the local PD here had a color code on their computer. They run your name or plate and it comes up yellow for LTC? Who knows I have been pulled over one to many times and never asked about my LTC or weapons on hand.

I have had some fun with other towns when going to a state competition and my truck is loaded with 8 shooters guns and ammo.... stumped them good seeing 15 cases of shotgun ammo in the back of my truck.

Many states have their systems connected. When a DL check is run, the data comes up on LTC in either the same window or second one.
Some states you must declare that you are carrying also.

CJISWeb has LTC info come up on the first screen if DL or Reg is owned by a LTC holder. So cruisers with CJISWeb enabled MDTs have the base info at hand. Unsure but can't see them querying for a list in a cruiser, that is usually done at the PD.

They can't, because there are no guns registered to me. I've never lived anywhere with gun registration.

Just a reminder that this isn't Mass Shooters .com. ;)

There are some people in MA like my ex who have LTCs but have zero guns in the listing. As well as a bunch of move ins and old guys with no.guns in the system, either.

i worked with a guy whose brother graduated from the mass state police academy about a year and a half ago and had just started doing his ride along training. i asked the guy i worked with, who was a "gun person" about this...could he ask his brother what they saw when your plates were run, did they know you had at least a ltc. he did, and the brother the cop told him no, they don't get that info, just wants and warrants. he also said if they do get that info he hadn't been trained regarding it. hmmm, take what you want from that.

i wonder why, with the good amount of leo's we have on this board, why none of them ever jumped in and put this to bed for good. it makes me think it's some unwritten rule to not give the general public any more info than needed. just another tool to one up the civillian. maybe i'm wrong on this and one of them did comment on it and i missed it.

i worked with a guy whose brother graduated from the mass state police academy about a year and a half ago and had just started doing his ride along training. i asked the guy i worked with, who was a "gun person" about this...could he ask his brother what they saw when your plates were run, did they know you had at least a ltc. he did, and the brother the cop told him no, they don't get that info, just wants and warrants. he also said if they do get that info he hadn't been trained regarding it. hmmm, take what you want from that.

i wonder why, with the good amount of leo's we have on this board, why none of them ever jumped in and put this to bed for good. it makes me think it's some unwritten rule to not give the general public any more info than needed. just another tool to one up the civillian. maybe i'm wrong on this and one of them did comment on it and i missed it.

Pretty sure some have admitted it's true but not every dept. has them(may have been GPP and another?)

A few have confirmed it to me, however not everything is done publicly.

Also most cops have dropped off NES for reasons that should be obvious to those that understand that they don't like hanging out where a vocal minority keeps calling out for their murder just because of the job that they do.

I've seen it. The LEO next door showed me his screen in the cruiser. They know what you have that's registered with the FRB

With some buttonpressing they can probably do it through cjisweb, assuming a terminal exists in the car. Not sure why they would, smart cops will simply assume that any ltc holder has guns regardless of what that silly database says.

It's no button pushing just run a plate and they show up

When your license is run, a colored bar shows up that says you may be a match for a FID/LTC. Click a tab to see if there's a match. Click the name if it matches.

Surprised no one has said this yet ...........

A BAD IDEA

Think about it, if the guy is a licensed law abiding gun owner, the chances that he is going to cause trouble are pretty damn small (forgetting the people who snap). The bad guys don't have anything on file besides their record - and God knows we can't profile, so it wouldn't surprise me if the CORI only comes up with a DL and not a Reg.

There are some people in MA like my ex who have LTCs but have zero guns in the listing. As well as a bunch of move ins and old guys with no.guns in the system, either.

And if you sell guns to an FFL, there's no FA-10 that's removing them from your records in the system. You could own no guns, and have many guns listed.

Took the AG less than 2 minutes to turn it to "the ease with which these perpetrators can acquire guns".

As a Buckeye, I know from experience that the only thing that police officers, deputy sheriffs, and the Ohio State Patrol can pull up are wants, warrants, and whether you have a CHL. Other places, like the District of Columbia, are able to pull up your gun registration through their laptop in their cruisers if you bothered to register your gun when you brought it into DC.

Jokes, man, jokes. Read my sig. ;p

ETA: I know, you are just posting a PSA for the benefit of others.
I surprised one very well regarded dealer when I showed him that eFA-10s were not required on guns one possessed when moving into MA.

Back
Top Bottom