Whats a Mosin going for now?

What seems to be a good price for a Mosin at the moment?

I know there are alot of variables... but I just got my C&R and would like to put it to some use and could use some help be steered in the right direction.

Thanks in advance guys!

You can certainly do better than $119 with a C&R.
-JR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Read up on the Mosin Nagant, then you will know what to look for and what you want.Then take your time and look around. You will not pick the mosin, it will pick you.[smile]

Depends on what model you're looking for. Basic 91/30's are the cheapest right now and can easily be found for under $125. 91/30 sniper models will run you about $800. M28's will run you about $700. I am finding M44's and Type 53's all over the price spectrum.

If you are just trying for the lowest price you can make the gun shop run. Take a day and visit as many as you can. If you are going for a "nothing special" you get find line outs refurbs for $100 or so. I also suggest going to New Hampshire, NO SALES TAX!!!!!!

I didn't see one today but they had several hex receiver 91/30's on the rack. I picked up a 1931 Tula hex with matching numbers and a nice bore for $139. The round receivers were still in the crate and looked pretty good at $99 a piece.

Time for little trip north then. I really want a mosin carbine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As far as hand picks I think it all depends. I ordered one from aim surplus a hex receiver and got the hand picked option. I got a nice numbers matching 1929 ishavesk it was in nice shape with a great bore I was very happy . I decided I wanted to tear into one and put a new stock on it and maybe a scope but of course would not do that do even a cheap mosin if it was in good shape and or numbers matching. I ordered another $79 round receiver from aim to use as my project obviously no hand pick this time. What I got was another ishavesk this time 1939 the only issue was this one was in even better shape and again all numbers matching.I never have gotten one to butcher, maybe next gun show. So my though is if you are looking for something where the numbers available are not as high like a hex or a certain year maybe the hand pick is the way to go but sometimes with a more common one maybe not necessary. All that being said I could be wrong.

If you have a C&R license you can grab a barreled action off our favorite auction site. I just got one from a seller who had it at $17. I have so many Mosin parts kicking around I had enough to build another rifle. So that's what I'm gonna do.

Might be a good approach if you plan on modifying one with an ati stock and scope and such.

Any M44s at collectible?

I was there yesterday and I saw 3 M44s plus a crate of 91/30s for $99 each and some misc rarer Mosins on the rack. I picked up a tin of 54R for $99 also while I was there.

Cool place, I will def stop in from time to time but I thought the location was weird inside a gas station?

Last edited:
I was about to take a ride up there for one, but my C&R showed up in the mail the same day.

I ended up using to snag a nice one online for cheaper.

Actually...I bought two mosins online.

Now the fun part of waiting for them to show up.

Back
Top Bottom