What years were the Bluecards used?

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
What years were the old bluecards used and when did it switch to the FA10's?

I realize they were all lost to flooding and rat sh*t but curious to know what years they were used

Thanks Len! That explains why I don't have a FA10 for my S&W 28 duty gun, it was on the old blue cards.

How are you doing and how do you like NH? Miss Jim Timilty on the Public Safety Committee!

I have found some onion skin sales records while rummaging around in a box that was packed years ago. I almost don't even remembering buying these guns and I certainly still don't own them any longer. Early 80's

I have found some onion skin sales records while rummaging around in a box that was packed years ago. I almost don't even remembering buying these guns and I certainly still don't own them any longer. Early 80's
Blue cards were for FTF and you had to beg your chief for each one.

Onion skins were your copy from FFL transfers, they were part of a book of 50 transactions IIRC and when the book was used up it got shipped to MSP IIRC.

Thanks Len! That explains why I don't have a FA10 for my S&W 28 duty gun, it was on the old blue cards.

How are you doing and how do you like NH? Miss Jim Timilty on the Public Safety Committee!
I love NH. I also miss Jim Timilty and I feel that my hands are tied wrt HD 4420 since I no longer live in MA.

I'm doing the best I can given the circumstances. Deena is in an in-patient hospice, so things aren't real good here.

I love NH. I also miss Jim Timilty and I feel that my hands are tied wrt HD 4420 since I no longer live in MA.

I'm doing the best I can given the circumstances. Deena is in an in-patient hospice, so things aren't real good here.

Len
I am very sorry to hear that. Our prayers are with you.
Jeff

I did that, let me check.

Well that didn't help, my Model 28 that was on a blue card got sold to a coin dealer, years later I bought it back from him and we did an FA 10 on it so it shows under my new LTC number

Others will have to answer or maybe it didn't show under my LTC from the 80's or not as I don't remember that number

It does list the various LTC numbers and the lowest one I find is 100xxxxxA from 1999 and I have the handwritten FA10s from those. One interesting one is a LTC number starting with "4" and the rest of the number is the 1"00xxxxxA" you would think they would check for a valid LTC number...

I don't see anything from the old blue card days...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom