what would i need to be a ammo dealer?

just thinking out loud; $ 100.00 bucks for ammo lic. what other permit /lic. would i need? also would there be any law againest me mailordering to others instate. as long as they show copy of ltc? what do you think ,just figure might be worth it to get cheap ammo/componts. not really looking to make a profit just break even/lower ammo cost in the longrun. ??

Depends on state.

In MA, you would need a commercial storefront location for a MA Ammo Dealer's License. You'd also need an FFL, tons of security, insurance, etc.

You can NOT ship ammo from a MA Dealer to a MA LTC holder, it is illegal (and the foundation of AG Reilly's claim that non-MA dealers couldn't ship to anyone in MA).

Short of it is that there is no way that you'll get a MA Ammo Dealer's License and FFL in MA unless you are willing to spend probably 6-figures in leases, security, insurance, legal fees. Great way to save some money to buy ammo . . . NOT!

Gas money to drive to NH is a lot cheaper.

You can NOT ship ammo from a MA Dealer to a MA LTC holder, it is illegal (and the foundation of AG Reilly's claim that non-MA dealers couldn't ship to anyone in MA).

I thought Reilly's arguement was that OUT of state dealers didn't have licenses to sell in Ma and therefor it was illegal to sell to Ma residents.

Wouldn't being instate with a license to sell be ok at least based on the AG's ruling?

Dennis, read what underlies Reilly's argument.

If in doubt, ask Carl at FS about shipping ammo in state, he knows the law well.

ok, I,M in mass by the way,I was under the impression I didn;t need a ffl to do ammo only. thanks for the info. greatsite!!!

Back
Top Bottom