• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Will NH and ME Give me?

Just to remove any uncertainly, this is definitely still going on, i was denied for a NH CCW yesterday because I have a restriction for target shooting on my LTC.

Also be aware that NH Licensing is running WAY BEHIND (according to the lady I spoke with). You can expect that a renewal or new application is going to take MORE THAN ONE MONTH at this point.

YUP!

I sent my NH renewal in on 7/13/07, they finally cashed the check on 7/31/07, my expiration date is 8/17/07. Bet I don't see the new permit for another 2 weeks!

I think my "bet" is safe! [frown]

Just called NH Licensing. They claim that they "received" my application on 7/28/07 (date that they deposited the check, which cleared my bank on 7/31/07).

She told me that they have hundreds that they are currently processing, and I can expect to wait another 2 weeks or so before I get it.

Now here's the real time-line:

7/2/07 - NH mailed notice for renewal. I probably received it ~7/5.
7/13 - I put the renewal in the USMail to NH.
7/28 - Is the date that they claim to have "received it". Could that be the day they opened the USMail and started to process the application?
7/31 - Check cleared my bank.
8/8 - Told to expect it in another 2 weeks or so. Also told that I can NOT legally CCW in NH after expiration and before I receive the new license (no "grace period").
8/17 - Expiration of current license.

So, it looks like you really MUST send in your renewal the SAME DAY you receive the application if you don't want to be expired before you get your new license. Expect a ~6-7 week turn-around. [Yes, I know that NH laws says that they MUST issue within 2 weeks. We in MA know how useful these type laws are!! [rolleyes] ]

Back
Top Bottom