What was your first one?

1. What was your very first military surplus gun?

2.What was your very first buy on your C&RFFL01?

My answer;
1. I was new to C&R guns and I can remember walking around a C&R gun shop for hours looking at racks and racks of guns that were dipped in cosmoline. I was looking thru many racks of mausers from all different countries trying to pick a bolt action rifle that shot 8mm. I finally picked a yugo model 98k which is the german 98k with the markings ground off and replaced with the yugo crest. I remember i paid $79 for this gun about 25+ years ago.

2. I got my C&RFFL01 about 4 years ago and back then the Turk '38 8mm mauser was going for $39.95 that was just unbelievable and what a gun i received it was in very good condition. I think back then it was the hottest surplup buy.

1. My first C&R was a German Luger, WWII capture by my late Father. Given to me by my late Mother and Father in 1976. It was the 4th gun that I owned.

2. My first C&R acquisition on my C&R FFL was an E. German Makarov in 2000 from Cole Dist in KY. My first "purchase" was my two M1 Garands from CMP, however it took months to get them back then, so they arrived months after the Makarov.

1. My 1st Military firearm was a Walther P38 AC44 that was a Vet bring back. It was given to me by the Vet.

2. 1st C&R license purchase was a Soviet Tokarev SVT-40. Purchased in a private sale.

First milsurp was a French Berthier rifle. Thats long gone now and I kick myself in the ass for it to this day.
First C&R purchase was a Yugo 24/47 Mauser about 3 years ago.

1. Swede Mauser M96B.
2. Inland M1 Carbine from Orion7 in New York, seen here with its rack mates - M1 Garand Springfields, M1903 Springfield, and M1917 Eddystone.
IMAG0008.jpg

First milsurp was a Webly MkIV, converted to .45 ACP.
Long gone & long missed. Missed also was the couple hundred rounds of "seconds" free from a commercial reloader, every week!

No C&R yet, shame on me.

Back
Top Bottom