• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What the f kinda scam is this one lol

This one has been making its rounds, there's been some pants sitting from a few AG's, but obviously like nigerian princes there's not a lot that can be done to stop it.

Almost as good as the "I can't be vaccinated" card for $50 I saw a week or two ago. LOL. Reasons that were valid ranged from allergy to age to immunocompromisation to extreme paranoia to religious exemptions. It was pretty funny. Basically, anyone who didn't WANT a vaccine could qualify.

wish i thought of it. i got a brand spanking new printer sitting here itching to spit out some kind of certificate...

It's technically not a scam, but is highly misleading and more or less scam-like. While the header of the email mentions "permit", the body of the email is careful to only say "certificate". This is because what it is offering is online training and a certificate which then might be usable for the safety requirement in some jurisdictions for licensing.

What they will tell you is that you get a certificate and then apply for something like a Virginia or Utah non-resident permit/license, which is reciprocal with lots of other states. One or both of those states used to offer online permit application and accepted online training. I want to say neither offer this anymore, so I don't think these courses are still valid. But that's not stopping them from advertising I guess.

I actually respect that scam...At least it’s original. I just want someone to buy it and believes it and then winds up in trouble. You’d have to be guilty of being a f***ing idiot...

Thank God some states don’t require permits. It just muddies the water

When I get scam calls from the IRS or whoever I make a point of staying on the phone as long as possible and wasting their time...It takes him so long to realize I’m f***ing with them

Back
Top Bottom