What, IWB single metal clip holster for Baby Glocks have you tried.

I think I've narrowed my choices down to an IWB, single metal belt clip style ,leather holster. But even at that there are so many out there. The HighNoon Down Under/Public Secret looks interesting. I like the idea of a tension adjustment . Also the rough side leather out for extra grip and smooth side in for reduced wear. But Alessi,Galco,Milt Sparks...etc all make nice looking ones too. Any input from experience good or bad?

I use the Don Hume clip holsters- only because I'm still debating other options for IWB holsters.

That said, they're not the best idea. The main reason being is that if you are not careful and you don't put the holster in right, and the clip doesn't latch onto your belt, the holster is coming out with the gun, which is very bad. In the long run you're better off with something like a Milt Sparks summer special type design with the snaps on it. Still attaches and removes easily, yet will never come out with the gun on the draw. I had a holster for another gun that was like that, and it was excellent. It was an ROG, like one of these...

http://rogholsters.com/iwbdlsg.html

-Mike

I've used Don Hume and Gould & Goodrich. For what they are they're good holsters, but they're chunky which makes them harder to conceal, and they get uncomfortable after a few hours. The size issue is a pretty big one, since you want a gun that small to be a lot more concealable.

I now swear by the Crossbreed Supertuck.

That said, they're not the best idea. The main reason being is that if you are not careful and you don't put the holster in right, and the clip doesn't latch onto your belt, the holster is coming out with the gun, which is very bad.

FWIW I've never had this happen, even back when I first started carrying and was using a cheapo WalMart belt. [laugh] Overall I don't think they're awful, and I kind of regret trading one away that is no longer produced (isn't that always the case with gun related items though?), but I see them as more of an entry level type IWB, a step above a flimsy/squeaky/ugly Uncle Mike's.

I recently purchased the High Noon Down Under with the clip. I have not been a big fan of clip holsters in the past, but as long as you are wearing a proper gun belt, that is thick and wide enough to support the holster, this holster will not come off while drawing the gun.

I'm a bit of a hoster "snob", and I think the High Noon is a very good holster, for a non-custom one. Mine took about a month to get to me from the time I ordered it.

I have a few Galco holsters as well, and they are pretty good too, not quite as nice as High Noon,but I have no experience with their clip holsters.

IWB holster

Don't limit yourself to a single clip. I have a Don Hume I used while awaiting others to come in. I found it a bit thick to conceal. For the past year I've been using a Crossbreed Super Tuck Horsehide and have nothing but great things to say about it. I also have a Milt Sparks Executive Companion, great holster and extremely nice looking. The one I reach for day in and day out and without a doubt the most comfortable, is the Crossbreed Super Tuck. They distibute the weight of your gun over a wider area. Mine is for a G-26 and with the same holster I can carry a full size G17/22 or G19/23. Plus they are tuckable.

Back
Top Bottom