• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is this?

I was engaged in a completely unrelated photo search when I came across this....

WTF is it? Some photo shopped joke or something else?

image.jpeg

Looks weird but way better than the 203. Little awkward for clearing rooms though. Lotta guys carry it unmounted by rigging a sling or strapping it to an assault pack.

"In 2004, the Army announced a requirement for a commercial off-the-shelf 40 mm grenade launcher."
wait, does this mean I can buy it retail?

HK likely wouldn't sell it to you, but with the correct tax stamp, it's legal to own. They're destructive devices under NFA34.

ETA: COTS refers to items already developed as sold that happen to meet the requirements. The Army didn't want to develop it in-house, or have a contract out for R&D, basically.

Ya'll have really never seen the 320. They had those in the army for a couple of years already when I first went in. You can mount like a traditional 203 or use them independently. I liked em as a m4 with a 203 was always a little much for the rifle and didn't promote accurate shots.

Back
Top Bottom