What is the value of brass?

I used to just throw away my used brass, but I am starting to think I will not dump it, but possibly sell it. Can someone tell me what the approx value of brass would be for 9, 45, and .223? The .223 is factory winchester by the way. Thanks.

I used to just throw away my used brass, but I am starting to think I will not dump it, but possibly sell it. Can someone tell me what the approx value of brass would be for 9, 45, and .223? The .223 is factory winchester by the way. Thanks.

The scrap prices have gone way down. Someone who reloads will buy it from you. If it's a caliber I don't reload, I don't sell it to them. I usually put it in a clear bag and leave it next to the brass bucket at the range. Someone will take it.

I can usually get brass for the cals I reload for free. Others may not and may be more willing to buy it. Scrap prices probably used to be around $.5-1/lbs of mixed metals.

Saw the title and thought to myself..... I bet some brass would be very important to a very cold monkey.... hehehehehe

LCD, baby. ;-)

It'd have to be a quite a bit to mean money to a scrap guy, I've asked a few.

I was getting 70-80 for a 5 gallon bucket of brass. now it's more like 40-50 a bucket.

Jayvs

I would be interested in the .223 if you want to sell it. Do you know if it is once fired and how many cases do you have and what would you want for it?

Brass

Actually, I don't have it this second, but I just became a member at a range, so I am about to start going quite a bit. I have never saved the brass before, but it might be worthwhile now. The .9 and .45 I am not sure as I bought in bulk in canister. For some reason I thought those were factory reloads, but this was years ago. The .223 is coming right out of the Winchester boxes, and I bought a couple thousand rounds of it several years back (when I paid $175 for a case of 1000, I should have bought more). So These should be brand new, never fired cases. I am not sure what I would want for them, but I am not out to screw someone over or try and make a ton of money. Just a little something and help someone else out by giving them good quality brass for cheap. I will start the collection and keep people posted. If you want to PM me I will keep your info and when I build up a canister full or so I can let you know. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom