What in tarnation is H&K thinking...

Its some sort of compliance model. I wouldn't think anything of it. These sorts of guns never last long in the marketplace.

They should put the tri lugs on the middle of the barrel so you can just saw the last 8" off and have a proper MP5 barrel.

I love the MP5. Iconic. But is it blasphemous to say that H&K should release an updated version for modern times with user swappable barrels, top rail, and LRBHO?

their Instagram trolled everyone the other day posting a pic of an hk433 asking who would want one in 9mm to shoot pcc division in uspsa...

922r compliance is easy, and HK is already making guns in the US so they have the ability. Does this gun work for the California market?

They can import it as a pistol but not a rifle, which I think explains the pictured configuration.

This is really a gun intended to be made into a rifle by its owner. This makes a lot of sense because it skirts the whole 922R issue.

The internets gun experts like to argue about 922 compliance. But the reality is this regs intent is to regulate manufacturers and dealers. There has been not a single instance of any individuals prosecuted for 922R compliance.

So you buy the pistol, put a stock on it and you have a 100% HK made rifle.

Though it still looks ridiculous even with a stock. Better to buy the short gun and make a SBR out of it.

This is really a gun intended to be made into a rifle by its owner. This makes a lot of sense because it skirts the whole 922R issue.

The internets gun experts like to argue about 922 compliance. But the reality is this regs intent is to regulate manufacturers and dealers. There has been not a single instance of any individuals prosecuted for 922R compliance.

So you buy the pistol, put a stock on it and you have a 100% HK made rifle.

Though it still looks ridiculous even with a stock. Better to buy the short gun and make a SBR out of it.
I agree this is all about them not dealing with 922r. It’s still going to be a pistol though and it doesn’t help them sell guns in huge roster markets like California. I’m confused on the intended market? Anybody in a free state will buy the K version and leave it a pistol or SBR it.

Posted on another forum. I had initially thought these were fake cans pinned on but upon closer inspection they were 16+" barrels.

1615568271809.png

The whole purpose of this thing seems to be to help people trying to work around various laws. Nothing at all wrong with that. Throw a stock on and you open up your options.

1615593751118.jpeg

"18 USC 922r pertains to long guns only, so handguns are exempt, which has led many importers and manufacturers to offer some of these firearms in a pistol configuration. Such firearms have a long barrel and no buttstock and are an effective way of complying with the law without the use of domestic-made compliance parts."

This is another reason why i hate RDS on handguns, there's no f***ing standards for mounting. It's such a dumpster fire.
maxresdefault.jpg

The image is underexposed and out of focus,
but dig how Ruger supplying what is probably the same mount as on the 10/22
makes it cantilever from up on the receiver out over the barrel.

ETA: Dig also how the Hand Model's thumb has such a death grip
that it's turning yellow-white.

The whole purpose of this thing seems to be to help people trying to work around various laws. Nothing at all wrong with that. Throw a stock on and you open up your options.

View attachment 460970
I agree 100%. If you can own the short barreled version as a handgun, fantastic. If not, then there is this.

Back
Top Bottom