• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do I need for a week long camp at the end of September?

I won a moose permit for the September season in Maine, along the Golden Road. I have never done a true tent camp for 1 week so I'm looking for input on things that will be needed. I've spent time in cabins and truck camping but usually not for a week without seeing civilization. If I don't get a moose pulling in to camp, it will be atleast a 3 hr trip to get anything while I am there and I don't want to be wasting time when I could be hunting.

So far I have decided to pick up:
Wall Tent
Tent Stove
Basic shower bag
Cot

I have:
Water filter
Coolers
Mosquito netting
Lanterns
Flashlights
Cards

Any way to keep food cold that long? Dry ice or in the river?
What am I forgetting?

Thermacell and plenty of refills.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

if you have one thats suitable bring a backup gun incase something happens to your rifle

maybe a fishing rod if you want to take a break from hunting and some salt/ pepper and spices if you catch a trout or for some fresh moose meat

a good axe and shovel a tarp some rope i hate wishing i had brought an extra tarp or a full size axe instead of a hatchet

One of those emergency radios that you can run on batteries and wind up to give you something to listen to and catch weather reports on the weather bands. Pain in the butt going back and forth starting the vehicle to get the radio on. Plus you definitely don't want to drain your vehicle battery out there.

Just some random items that I can think of that you might need:

Small tarp to cover your essentials in case of rain (if you won't be loading everything into your vehicle at the slightest drizzle like some folks do) 8'x5' has worked for me. Oops, bigjim already mentioned this

A box of strike anywhere matches, or a flint/rod keychain.

Book/ magazine.

Hopefully I don't need to mention COMPASS, AND FIRST AID KIT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom