What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Processed and primed about that much .38 spl.
Somewhere between 8-900 cases.
Once those are gone, should put that wheelgun at just under or just above 10k reloads.

View attachment 876745
Nice.

I've got a 5 gallon pail of clean 38 ready to load. I got crazy with the tumbler last summer and just kept running batches of 38. I won't have to clean any 38 for a loooooong time. Wish it was primed like yours though. 😂

I picked up this comparator set recently and had the chance to try it out a few nights ago. I've been using a Hornady bullet comparator for a while now to establish CBTO, but wanted to be able to see how far back I've been pushing the shoulder. Turns out I've been "bumping two thou" or so, which seems to be the recommended amount for bolt guns.

The set is made by Deracco Engineering, who also make the Ugly Annealer, and it seems like quality gear. The comparators screw into the base, and there are four set screws that hold the base to calipers. I found some good reviews before I bought and for the price ($46 at Amazon) they seem like a pretty decent deal!

IMG_6023.jpg

With my schedule and two little kids it's very rare I can work on something to completion. This helps me keep track of where I left off lol. Ive got them everywhere, even on my kids reminding me to feed them 🤣.

You use them for your reasons and I use them because I suffer from age related CRS ! Can't Remember Shit !!!! :eek:

I lucked out 8 years ago, small sportshop was liquidating their reloading supplies. I got 85k lg pistol primers for 13 a k.. 45 ammo is set for a couple more years
The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

I highly recommend the glass dramworx Hornady powder hopper. No discoloration/reaction with powder

You high-volume reloader types won't care about this, but maybe some other low-volume, single stage reloaders might. I got tired of brushing powder out of a plastic tube that holds way more powder than matters to a single-stage reloader who is loading handgun calibers. The plastic tube goes on my powder drop when I store it empty. When I'm reloading, I use a metal pipe fitting that I ground down a little bit to fit moderately snug. When I'm ready to drop the remainder back into the canister, I just press it down into place while I tip to pour. I'd forgotten what it was like dealing with the plastic. Great quality of life improvement for me. I haven't noticed any discoloration. ;)

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 11
Loaded 10 rounds for the 43 Spanish rolling block. I wanted a very light load and realized I had a bunch of 200 grain .427 bullets I used to load for a friend's 44/40 rifle that he doesn't have anymore. It was a bit of a pain paper patching such a short bullet but it worked. I loaded them ahead of 7 grains of Unique. There is no filler because I just want to see if this idea will work and I don't want a filler that will melt. For this test I'll just lift the muzzle between shots. If it works I'll try the toilet paper filler. It's supposed to be 1/4 sheet but I don't know if that will be enough in that giant case.

Lots of brass cleanup after an epic 5 hour range day with friends. Brought over a dozen guns to shoot, and dropped lots of freedom seeds. Now it's decap, wet tumble, sort. Made the mistake of shooting 9/40/45...then all picked up in buckets. Damn those 3 nest like russian 🪆 dolls! I dry with an air blower on a timer easier than oven drying.

Attachments

• 20240508_220754.jpg
    20240508_220754.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
This past week is the week I’ve been waiting to happen. Running both 550s one set up for 6.5 CM, the other for .223. Four hundred and a bit of the .223 and just under 400 of the 6.5.

All are these for long distance work and practice for PRS, so powder hand poured after dispensing on chargemaster scale. I’ve got six weeks until a match date in PA so this should get me there and leave some left over

My 6.5 recipe is below, and duplicates the Hornady factory rounds which I have found to be accurate and consistent . Same zero at 100, same speed and same dial ups out to 1000 yards. As an extra bonus, same poi as my hunting 143g ELD X bullets out to 500 yards ( hunting bullets are 2-3 inch lower at 500). I only have 200 yard max for deer, so interchangeable for practical purposes

Hornady ELD Match 147 grain #26333
H4350 41.2 grain
CCI 200 primers
Hornady brass 1 to 3x fired
AOL 2.800

The above load is not what I would recommend for PRS matches if you are serious about it, but I’m a serious hunter who shoots matches for fun and this gets me in the middle of standings

Attachments

• 27BCBDA5-EEA9-462F-BADD-B3FDD279AB04.jpeg
    27BCBDA5-EEA9-462F-BADD-B3FDD279AB04.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
I printed a setup for automated case feeding on my Hornady LnL. I modified the drop tube such that when a 380 falls it catches the slide since it slightly shorter. I can then just remove it. I just sorted 5000 or so 9mm that I had deprimed and only one 380 got through

I have that metal thing but I never use it. It's too slow.
I thought so too. However, I ended up with two of them since the original order didn't come until 2 months after the re-order. I tried returning the second, but they said to keep it. So far, no .380 has made it to the press, and I would say I've sorted well over 10k 9mm (~900 .380 removed).

Back
Top Bottom