What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Loaded up another 50 rounds 308 now that I have settled in on amount of powder.

So interesting results. My reloads are flying almost 100fps slower than my factory hunting load but almost hitting identical, so far out to 300 meters. I guess that BC can make quite a difference.

Loaded up another 50 rounds 308 now that I have settled in on amount of powder.

So interesting results. My reloads are flying almost 100fps slower than my factory hunting load but almost hitting identical, so far out to 300 meters. I guess that BC can make quite a difference.

308 Load Data ??

Trying some AA#5 in .38 special, 158g LSWC. Have the press converted over to small primer and may crank out 4-500 while I'm at it. I've used a lot of 231 and Titegroup in .38 but have an 8lb of #5 so want to try it out. Just range training fodder. Will set up the chrono and test out the first 20 or so then get at it with the rainy weather.

Loaded up some 125 gr blue bullets over N320 to eventually try out in my new 2011 pistol I got last month. I hear they prefer mid weight 9mm bullets not the heavy 150 grainers I normally shoot.
Someday I’ll get to the range and play around with them and run em through the chrono.
I shoot an sti marauder. Loves 124 grain bullets. My favorite powder is be86 for 9mm. Super versatile.

My Teslong NTG200H bore scope finally arrived. I checked out the bore of an AR.....VERY IMPRESSED!!! The clarity of these scopes is excellent. Probably the best money ( $179.00 ) I've spent on a tool in a very long while.

I've got a K98 Mauser I'm going to look at this afternoon and see what an 80+ year old bore that has only seen corrosive ammo in it's life looks like.

Then going to look at a Yugo SKS.

For anyone looking to get a bore scope for casual inspection, I highly recommend The TESLONG NTG200H.

Very nice looking. What lube and why? Different weights? The top bullets have one grease groove and no crimp groove but the bottom one has 2 grooves and a crimp groove, It also looks longer.
Top is 130 grain 9mm
Bottom is 405 ish grain 458. The HP cavity varies which changes the weight 10 grains or so min to max large hollow to flat point.

So I tried some AA#5 in .38 special. I've used Win 231 and H Titegroup in the past. Simply trying this as I bought an 8lb when prices were decent. This was appx $23/lb. I don't know about the rest of you but I buy powder online and I factor in shipping and hazmat, divide it across the entire purchase and by percentage bought. Then I label my powder with that cost/lb. Keeps it realistic and satisfies my ocd.

I tried 5.2 of that #5 but chrono was appx 840-860. So I backed it to 4.8 grains, now I'm seeing +/- 750. 6" barrel on my Ruger security six. 158 gr SWC blue bullet. 💙. Very pleasant to shoot evennif I use the 2" LCR.

Anyone else using #5 in 38/357? How does this 4.8g 158g load compare?

Found a #10 can full of clean, Boxer primed 7.62x39 brass on a shelf. I remember picking this stuff up on a local range about 7 or 8 years ago and putting it aside then forgot about it.
Have Hornady .310 bullets and CFE-BLK already so that's another couple of reloading sessions for the summer.

Back
Top Bottom