What did you do in the reloading room recently?

For the reloaders advice needed
Gun: mega maten 6.5 creedmoor, 20" rifle length gas tube, with a faxon 6.5/308 BCG.

Extractor sheered off, and i am running factory S&B 140gr fmjbt and Hornady american gunner. @AllaSnackbah or for those with AR10 6.5 creed guns does this happen to you too?

Should i try and remedy this with an adjustable gas block, a JP enterprise high pressure bolt, send it to someone who can check headspacing? Or something else

View attachment 364679View attachment 364680
From the look of those rims - I'd say there's a little extra gas going down the tube...

How about soda bottles for mixing color? Last batch I tossed in a gallon water jug I cut up.
Not sure how well that holds up. I find glass bottles with corks work best. Bourbon. Tequila. Wine. They all worked well.
I like glass for obvious reasons but the cork is key. No threads to get gunked up and stuck on

HDPE (recycling #2) holds up very well to acetone.
10ml syringes make great measuring tools
Looking at picking up some syringe adapters to make drawing out the right amount easier

For the reloaders advice needed
Gun: mega maten 6.5 creedmoor, 20" rifle length gas tube, with a faxon 6.5/308 BCG.

Extractor sheered off, and i am running factory S&B 140gr fmjbt and Hornady american gunner. @AllaSnackbah or for those with AR10 6.5 creed guns does this happen to you too?

Should i try and remedy this with an adjustable gas block, a JP enterprise high pressure bolt, send it to someone who can check headspacing? Or something else

View attachment 364679View attachment 364680
would double check everything. Those cases show signs of over pressure. Try different ammo.
Extractor could be a weak casting also but I would correct the High Pressure signs first.
Head space, free bore and call/contact SB.. I can see the head stamp embedded in the bolt face.

Stopped by Cabelas in Berlin this afternoon. Damn their prices on powder is high. Especially $25 plus tax for Trailboss?? I talked to one of the sales people since they had a sign saying they’ll price match. He says they’ll match places like Midway and Brownells among other retailers but to confirm with customer service. Good to know.
If the line wasn’t 40+ people deep I probably would have seen if they will price match the Trailboss and if so, grab a pound.
3762AAD2-65BC-4348-81E3-7462E6C4C08D.jpeg E6B47428-8156-457E-9D8F-9F37A5A40268.jpeg 8144F2A8-0632-4552-9DCB-3DF998D2712E.jpeg

Nice! My buddy loads then gas checked with something like 18.5 grains of I believe IMR 4198 and they shoot lights out.
I have gas checks but am going to do some with and without to see what happens. I have Unique so am going with that for now, all the manuals are at 10grains. Still waiting on my trimmer so can't do anything till that gets here.

I have gas checks but am going to do some with and without to see what happens. I have Unique so am going with that for now, all the manuals are at 10grains. Still waiting on my trimmer so can't do anything till that gets here.
I think that’s exactly what I loaded last week. @1919FAN let me borrow his Lee 311041 plain base and I had made a ton of them for that purpose.
If I ever get back to the range I’ll try them out.

Stopped by Cabelas in Berlin this afternoon. Damn their prices on powder is high. Especially $25 plus tax for Trailboss?? I talked to one of the sales people since they had a sign saying they’ll price match. He says they’ll match places like Midway and Brownells among other retailers but to confirm with customer service. Good to know.
If the line wasn’t 40+ people deep I probably would have seen if they will price match the Trailboss and if so, grab a pound.
View attachment 364956View attachment 364957View attachment 364958
I was there with my son this afternoon between 230-400, prices on everything was high and low quantity. They did have a bunch of Federal SPP though that I grabbed. Ill have to try and see if they can match my distributor pricing lol.

If you need trailboss, I will trade you 1lbs for 1lbs of N320.

If N320 is more expensive (using Midway or Brownells prices), I will pay the difference.

I have close to 10# of trailboss. All sealed.

Another 94lbs of pure cleaned up. Sorry for the dark second pic just finished wish I started earlier could have finished cleaning pure. To start blending.
good day for it, not hot no wind so all the stink goes straight up. i have about 50+lbs left to turn into muffingots. Other than the big lead collars i have no lead left thats not in muffingots Im almost done stamping all of it for alloy ID

Another 94lbs of pure cleaned up. Sorry for the dark second pic just finished wish I started earlier could have finished cleaning pure. To start blending.

nice work man

good day for it, not hot no wind so all the stink goes straight up. i have about 50+lbs left to turn into muffingots. Other than the big lead collars i have no lead left thats not in muffingots Im almost done stamping all of it for alloy ID
I’ve thought about getting one of the red neck gold ingot moulds from NES. It has alloy designations on it so all you have to do it hit it with a center punch according to alloy. Very cool.

nice work man

I’ve thought about getting one of the red neck gold ingot moulds from NES. It has alloy designations on it so all you have to do it hit it with a center punch according to alloy. Very cool.
I think I would like a it to be Sn Sb Pb and stamp the numbers ?
My Labels are all over the place. SoW - stick on wheel weights, COWW - Clip On Wheel Weights, FLG- Flashing, RS- Range Scrap, Then my known alloys are stamped with the allouy make up Sn Bn Pb %

Noting sadder looking than the powder shelves at most local shops....always makes me think there is a snowstorm coming ;-)

Noting sadder looking than the powder shelves at most local shops....always makes me think there is a snowstorm coming ;-)
Just remember 90% of smokless powder is imported. Imported goods seem to be back logged.
Now if your not buying enough powder to last at least 2 years and backing up that order every 10-15 months your going to run into this problem. If your restock timing/window fell on this mess. That just sucks.

whats going to happen when our lovely Reps and Senators ban import of smokeless powder ?

I finally purchased a new turret press. Didn't go with the rcbs though. I found a Lee 4 hole value turret for $99 and went for that. Set it up last night and was satisfied.....while not "happy" with the performance. It works fine. After die setup was able to make 150 in an hour. That's tripple the output of the single stage which is awesome. I'd say what I dont like about it is the lack of "feel" from the handle. With the single stage I KNOW when a primer is seated......i KNOW when the crimp is ok on the single because the handle feels the same each time. This one I find myself taking the shell out and inspecting alot of them after priming and after seating/crimping. Kind of defeats the purpose of a turret. The crimps and primes are ok with it.......I just mentally find I need to inspect before moving to the next stage on the turret. Maybe I'll get used to it. Also having a thought time figuring out where to place all the materials to get into the groove. With a single I was dealing with one component at a time so was easier to figure out the best setup. Don't know how many times I grabbed for a bullet with I needed a primer last night.🤣

Also I'm using the Lee powder drop on the side.....not on the press mainly so I can visually look in each case and see powder before putting a bullet on and seating / crimping. Even having to take the shell out after flaring.....moving it to the measure to drop powder.....then moving it back to the press to seat it goes quickly. At this point I'm not sure I'd want to add the powder drop to the press. Maybe later on when I'm more comfortable with the thing.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll get used to it.

You will. I have the Lee Classic Turret and added the Safety Prime and an Inline Fabrication round ejector. For .45 acp, I’m getting between 250-300 rds/hr. I would estimate 50-100% increase in output depending on caliber. Having to add primers slows it down a bit and powder when doing rifle. Still getting used to the setup. I don’t know the difference between the “Value” and “Classic” turrets in regards to these options.

Back
Top Bottom