• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Midway is having a pretty good sale on some of their in house brand reloading basics. The universal reloading blocks and the flip top ammo boxes work well in my opinion and $1/per for the 100 rd boxes and $2 per for the universal loading blocks can't be beat. I had to order some other stuff anyway from them so decided to jump on it. You can never have too many of either (IMHO)

I called and the tech said I didn't need to send the press in. He said I could order the parts. The automatic powder and priming systems would be $120.00 each plus shipping and I wouldn't have a removable tool head. The priming system has some side-to-side play and I don't know if the press or the priming arm is worn so I don't know if a new priming system will fix the problem.

I called and the tech said I didn't need to send the press in. He said I could order the parts. The automatic powder and priming systems would be $120.00 each plus shipping and I wouldn't have a removable tool head. The priming system has some side-to-side play and I don't know if the press or the priming arm is worn so I don't know if a new priming system will fix the problem.
Ooo. Love me some problem children

Well, FedEx did it again. I've been waiting all day and they're not coming. They said they attempted a delivery at 4:37 which is bullshit. I was sitting right here. This is twice in a row. I'm done with FedEX.
Happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
Started that shit on a Tuesday and I just happened to be on vacation that week but was home. Back and forth with the phantom attempted deliveries and required signatures "or else".
Finally showed up on Monday while I was at work. The wife was there. Driver just threw it on the porch. No sig.
Something wrong with that company.

Midway is having a pretty good sale on some of their in house brand reloading basics. The universal reloading blocks and the flip top ammo boxes work well in my opinion and $1/per for the 100 rd boxes and $2 per for the universal loading blocks can't be beat. I had to order some other stuff anyway from them so decided to jump on it. You can never have too many of either (IMHO)

$13 shipping for the cheapest shipping.

Either the driver went to the wrong address in which case he's a moron or he wanted to get back by 5 PM and never attempted a delivery in which case he's a liar.
He is a liar. They do that all the time, same for not waiting for a signature.

One day someone will report a package that required a signature as stolen and that dude will be out of a job.

Thanks. Ordered a bunch today

Got around to testing some .308 loads I made up. Was impressed with the consistency of 125 grain TNT bullets over IMR 3031. I know, light for .308, but they’re fast and I can get ‘em going faster.
Trying to find AR-Comp now to do some more. Also need to source a chronograph.
I’m not going to win any long range matches with these loads, but they’re pretty flat at 100 yds. Prone with a range bag rest.
6EA3B03E-33B8-44F2-851B-6398724E8072.jpeg

Well I just had a delightful time sorting range brass I had collected over the past few weeks. Thank goodness .32 goes through the 9mm sorting tray, since there was a lot of .380. Not to mention that there was a mixture of .45acp with both small and large primers. There was some .40 in there as well.

I loaded some .308 with a 168 grainBTHP and 40.4, 40.9 and 41.4 grains of 4064. I'm using Accurate 4064. I know that most people use IMR 4064 but The Accurate was available so I figured I'd give it a try. There's also an H4064 and a Shooter's World 4064. I don't know anything about either of them.

After using the 450 for about 40 years it was a bit of a change using the 550 but the automatic powder and primer systems seem to be faster than the push/pull system of the 450
i love the 750 i went with. 550 would probably be not much worse, but, well. i still think 750 is the best bang per buck now features wise.

After using the 450 for about 40 years it was a bit of a change using the 550 but the automatic powder and primer systems seem to be faster than the push/pull system of the 450
Wayyy faster. There’s a reason they updated the 650 to the 750 with that system. Smooth.
i love the 750 i went with. 550 would probably be not much worse, but, well. i still think 750 is the best bang per buck now features wise.
You’re probably right. I would go with a 750 if I could keep myself focused long enough to stick with one cartridge. I think the 550 had it beat for the reloaded that wasn’t to load 5 or 6 different cartridges progressively on the regular. The cost of the 750 change over is the only thing setting it in second place. There’s some increased time there to switch over also which still isn’t that much in the big picture.

i just looked at videos - if the 550 powder measure uses a side rod same as 750 stock does - ditch it, it will save you a lot of grief.

Here, ignore the micrometer, just use a baffle like this and a spring/rubber on the measure and it will drop with 01.gr accuracy in batch loads. Bars are spray painted to the level where there is almost no side play left in them in the measure housing, you custom fit them per each unit.
590956FC-B07A-49E5-B0BF-69F145B0E3A1.jpeg

Not in the reloading room per se...but saw an ad on craigslist for a Lyman Tmag II press for $200. I noticed in one of the pictures that there were some cci-400 primers. I inquired and those were included...so I went down and got them. The package included:

Lyman T-MAG II press and kit
Kit contained a powder measure, a case trimmer with all pilots, an electronic scale, calipers
Hornady bullet puller with 22 cal collet
994 CCI-400 primers
194 pieces of new brass
194 Winchester 55 gn FMJBT (.224) bullets
Lee Pacesetter 223 dies
Some plastic cartridge cases (9mm and 223, not sure why they bought 9mm cases)

The person indicated that they loaded 6 rounds about 10 years ago and then never used it again. They were more than happy to sell it.

Not in the reloading room per se...but saw an ad on craigslist for a Lyman Tmag II press for $200. I noticed in one of the pictures that there were some cci-400 primers. I inquired and those were included...so I went down and got them. The package included:

Lyman T-MAG II press and kit
Kit contained a powder measure, a case trimmer with all pilots, an electronic scale, calipers
Hornady bullet puller with 22 cal collet
994 CCI-400 primers
194 pieces of new brass
194 Winchester 55 gn FMJBT (.224) bullets
Lee Pacesetter 223 dies
Some plastic cartridge cases (9mm and 223, not sure why they bought 9mm cases)

The person indicated that they loaded 6 rounds about 10 years ago and then never used it again. They were more than happy to sell it.
Damn

Back
Top Bottom